BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After living with the "popping clutch syndrome" for the past two years, I decided to push past the "that's normal" response and had the Service Manager drive it with me in the car. Half a mile down the road he says, "this is not right". They replaced the entire clutch kit, but I'm thinking it was the same problem with the throw-out bearing that has been talked about. All I can say is the guys at BMW of Fairfax were great about it, and the clutch feels totally different. Very smooth (as it should have been), and excellent take-up. I enjoyed it so much, I didn't mind the typically longish throw (I replaced my clutch-stop this morning and it really is amazing with the new clutch). They are still having a problem with my passenger window go up and then dropping back down 3-4 inches. They already replaced the regulator and motor but are awaiting info from tech on what the resolution is. Apparently this is common on ALL BMWs and they've been scratching their heads. After 14k miles, however, I can still say I love my car like the day I bought it. Wouldn't change a thing; 'cept maybe some rims, and an m-tech front, and... :thumbup:

·
'a certain moderator'
37,714 Posts
did you remove the clutch stop to take it in? i have a clutch stop, and dont want any excuses for them not to change out my clutch

ur car is after the TSB, it was simply treated as a "customer complaint"? that is how mine will be treated when i take it in.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Oh yeah. I wasn't taking any chances on a denial of warranty. I removed it the day before going in. It still would not affect the throw-out bearing - maybe a little more wear on clutch disc if not adjusted correctly (which it was). I believe this was handled as a customer complaint. They certainly took care of it, without a single comment. Good luck on getting yours taken care of. It made a huge difference.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts