Votes: 4 44.4%
  • Aftermarket (What brand?)

Votes: 4 44.4%
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
383 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, it looks like it's time for a new clutch. The one in my car as of now will not release properly so I cannot get the car in gear. I assumed the problem was caused by a faulty slave cylinder, as did the majority of BMW techs that I spoke with. However, I installed the new slave cylinder last night and apparently that was not my problem. Because the clutch is definately pumping, the master cylinder is fine, which leaves only a handful of things that will be causing my problem; all of which are parts of the clutch assembly. So, my question for you is; should I go with a stock M3 clutch, get another M5 clutch (what was in the car previously), or get some sort of aftermarket clutch. If aftermarket, what brand?

·
Registered
124 Posts
AA or UUC:thumbsup:

·
Registered
383 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Alright, I will look into either UUC or AA. I already have an AA lightweight flywheel. It just needs to be resurfaced. So, I won't need to buy a new flywheel hopefully.

·
Registered
383 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Anyone more opinions?

·
Registered
1,083 Posts
I have the HPF clutch and I think it's amazing. Doesn't feel any different then the stock one except it holds a lot more power. I believe they are $800. Not sure how much UUC or AA's cost. I highly recommend it.:thumbsup:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts