E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone I just got my first BMW, it is a new 2003 E46 coupe!! It is so mch fun but I was wondering if any one can tell me what I can do to it with out voiding the warenty?
Thenks a lot guys!
Alex

·
Registered
132 Posts
Welcome

Well welcome to the BMW family. :)

Get your baby ready for mods cuz shes going to beg for some.

Just wait till you break it in. Thats when the fun happen

·
Registered
104 Posts
Welcome newbie. Plenty of stuff you can do. I haven't done anything major as yet but I've been doing a lot of reading on this board. Try doing a few searches and whatever you don't find ask. Everyone here is very friendly and imformative. They may get on your azz sometimes but that's a small price to pay. Just remember it's all in fun.

·
Registered
355 Posts
:hi: Welcome to the board!

·
[]D[][]V[][]D[][]\[]
2,505 Posts
congrats

·
Registered
1,940 Posts
Welcome, there is tons you can do. There really isnt much that will straight up void your warranty. I'd stay away from SC's and nitrous but beyond that the sky's the limit.

A Quote from The Magnuson-Moss Warranty Act (15 U.S.C. 2302(C))

“No warrantor of a consumer product may condition his written or implied warranty of such product on the consumers using, in connection with such product, any article or service (other than article or service provided without charge under the terms of the warranty) which is identified by brand, trade or corporate name....”

"In other words, simply having aftermarket parts can't void your warranty.

Also, the dealer can't simply void your warranty w/o proving that the aftermarket parts directly caused the malfunction of the car. They need to *prove* it PERIOD. In other words, tell them to fuxk themselves if the dealer refuses to fix your stereo, under warranty, because you have aftermarket CAI and exhuast. "

·
Registered
74 Posts
Shouldn't the car get broken in before the mod's start?? Dinan is a very experienced "speed" company and you can do things in stages so it's easier on your pocketbook.

·
Registered
1,940 Posts
Dinan is a very experienced speed company that won't do much in the way of adding speed to your 325.

·
Registered
173 Posts
alxsk8 said:
Hello everyone I just got my first BMW, it is a new 2003 E46 coupe!! It is so mch fun but I was wondering if any one can tell me what I can do to it with out voiding the warenty?
Thenks a lot guys!
Alex
Welcome...nice car. I think you can do anything to the car, but just make sure you think it over before you do anything, cuz any mods worth making on this car is gonna cost an arm and a leg :burnout:

1 - 20 of 28 Posts