E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, I just ordered a new 330i 2 nights ago. I loaded it up, short of the rear parking sensor. I specified Steel Grey Metallic, then called him and changed it to Topaz Blue Metallic.

I am really torn between the colors. Part of it has to to with the fact that I have never actually seend a TBM car in person, only pictures. And like any BMW color, seeing them in person is an incredible difference.

Black = no, hot summers here and tough to keep clean.
White = no, I simply don't like white
Silver = no, we already have a silver 2001 325 and a gray 2003 Z4 3.0L
The Greens = no, I don't like the greens

I wanted something that attracted a lot of attention, and I think TBM does that. The SGM was just to passive for me. TBM owners, tell me your experiences. Does it get looks? Is it beautiful? Maintenance?

Thanks is advance to all who reply. And to tell you the truth, I would be happy to have any of the cars in this forum, regardless of the color. This way though, I get a choice.

·
Owner
3,747 Posts
Topaz Blue is one of the more popular colors on this board. You will really like it. By the way, I think you are the first member from Idaho.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Thanks. Ya, I looked in the directory, sadly, I saw no fellow Idahoans.

Luckily, too, I got a March build, so I get the 6-speed. Waiting is terrible, btw. I think I am going to get myself cryogenically frozen for 6 weeks to pass the time more rapidly.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Also, as a side note, I had decided on grey leather for the SGM and TBM, whichever I chose. But am open to comments. How does the Sand look with the blue? Like I said, I haven't had the good fortune to have seen one yet.

·
TheOnlyConstantIsChange
4,180 Posts
I would only get black leather but that just me, I like a dark cockpit so I went with the wood and black

·
Registered
913 Posts
eluder said:

I wanted something that attracted a lot of attention, and I think TBM does that. The SGM was just to passive for me. TBM owners, tell me your experiences. Does it get looks? Is it beautiful? Maintenance?

Thanks is advance to all who reply. And to tell you the truth, I would be happy to have any of the cars in this forum, regardless of the color. This way though, I get a choice.

You be the judge...here is mine in Miami

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for the shots eksath. It is beautiful, I am just hesitant because I haven't seen it in person. I think I'll change my interior from gray to black though.

·
Registered
913 Posts
eluder said:
Thanks for the shots eksath. It is beautiful, I am just hesitant because I haven't seen it in person. I think I'll change my interior from gray to black though.
I have black in my car...and i kinda of wish i got grey 'cos every little bit of dust,lint etc shows up on the black surfaces...i have box of wet wipes in the car now to clean ....that is my only complaint....if any...I think grey is nice but i like that dark cockpit feel.......and here is another pic

·
Registered
889 Posts
Pics dont even do Topaz justice... It is one off the most beautiful paint jobs I've ever seen on a car... No bias on my part;)

The fact that you have never seen it in person should seal the deal for you... You will have the only one around... How sweet will that be:str8pimpi

By the way... WELCOME and start saving cuz when the mod bug bites it becomes an obsession.

BTW if you can do it... order two tone interior... search for the topaz coupe with two tone interior it is da bomb!

·
Rogue Engineering
1,611 Posts
Mystic now replaces Topaz I thought as of March production which would include your order....This is what my dealer told me 2 weeks ago

·
Registered
543 Posts
forget hem both...Orient Blue is untouchable :pimpin:

·
Registered
426 Posts
BMW is always doing this, you get color we like and they go and change it or kill it:banghead: I'm still waiting for Fjord Blue Metalic to come back -killed in 78'- that makes the M5 look :pimpin: :yikes: Masserati accutually has that color now but calls it something else.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts