BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What interest rate did you pay for your loan? (Talking about a purchase, not a lease.) I want to know what I can expect to get through BMW Finance. Also, did you lock in a rate when you ordered the car, or...? Any information here would be helpful. I ordered a 325ci a couple of weeks ago and am wondering whether I should take care of the financing stuff now or wait until the car is built and on its way.

·
Registered
434 Posts
My car is on the boat right now. I just went through PeopleFirst.com -- 60 months at 4.89%. I'll give my dealer a chance to beat that. The rate is good for 45 days. If it gets lowered before the car gets here, I simply call them and get the lowered rate. If for some reason it takes longer, I'm sure they will extend it.

·
Registered
645 Posts
5 year 1.9% threw bmw

·
Registered
113 Posts
bmw wouldn't give me a loan because i'm 20 yrs old - f[ckers. Neither would peoplefirst.com I had to go through the bank and i'm paying 7%

·
Registered
129 Posts
M3 Fella, make sure your dealership will take Peoplefirst.

Mine won't take it. They got stiffed 3 times in September by that company and were tired of dealing with them. Don't know if this is an isolated incident.

·
Registered
434 Posts
If they won't take it I can simply ask PeopleFirst to send me a cashier's check for no extra charge (for the amount I need). Downside is it takes 3 days for them to get it to you.

If I knew now the exact amount I plan to use then I would go in with cashier's check in hand.

·
Registered
374 Posts
M3 Fella, make sure your dealership will take Peoplefirst.
Very good point. I had to put up a little ***** to get them to take it. I don't think that anyone got stiffed by Peoplefirst - Peoplefirst is backed by Capital One, and I don't that a loan from them would be a problem. I think what is happening is that dealers are *****ing about 'internet lenders' - primarily places like e-Loan (which I have heard takes a really long time for a dealer to get their money) and Peoplefirst has been lumped in with them.

I complained, faxed a copy of the 'blank check' and the GM of the dealership OK'd it. No worries.

At any rate, got 4.64 from Peoplefirst for 48 months. Costco members get a .25% discount off the Peoplefirst rate (exec members get .35% lower.)

All in all, Peoplefirst would be a good deal. If someone got a lower rate, please post where you got it!

·
Registered
434 Posts
3Wagon said:

Very good point. I had to put up a little ***** to get them to take it. I don't think that anyone got stiffed by Peoplefirst - Peoplefirst is backed by Capital One, and I don't that a loan from them would be a problem. I think what is happening is that dealers are *****ing about 'internet lenders' - primarily places like e-Loan (which I have heard takes a really long time for a dealer to get their money) and Peoplefirst has been lumped in with them.

I complained, faxed a copy of the 'blank check' and the GM of the dealership OK'd it. No worries.

At any rate, got 4.64 from Peoplefirst for 48 months. Costco members get a .25% discount off the Peoplefirst rate (exec members get .35% lower.)

All in all, Peoplefirst would be a good deal. If someone got a lower rate, please post where you got it!
Costco get .25% discount? How do I find out about that? (my wife has a Costco card heh)

·
Registered
374 Posts
Go to Costco's website. Click services in the top navigation. Click 'Auto financing'. It takes you to Costco's page on the people first website with the rates. Enjoy!

·
Registered
434 Posts
3Wagon said:
Go to Costco's website. Click services in the top navigation. Click 'Auto financing'. It takes you to Costco's page on the people first website with the rates. Enjoy!
Ahh cool thanks. That should take me to 4.64% for 5 years on a new car. Quite nice! Will get that tomorrow.

BTW -- how did you approach 'asking' your dealership? Call your salesman? Call the dealership? Email? I was just going to get a cashier's check if they said there were problems but it makes sense to see if there is even an issue in the first place beforehand...

·
Damn Drivin' Fool!
1,966 Posts
7.5% at 60 months (brand new back in 2001). Just recently refinanced for 5.7% and I'll have the whip paid off a year earlier.

·
Registered
434 Posts
Interesting. Both PeopleFirst and Costco PeopleFirst list the same rate -- 4.64% for 60 months. I wonder if Costco hasn't updated their site...

1 - 20 of 23 Posts