E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok boys and girl (lets be honest the only one is kitty kat around here, love ya sweetz :thumbup: ) Im looking into opening a shop In 714/626 Area, and i have a few questions. When shopping for accessories what kind of budget are you generally working with? What makes you want to choose one shop over another? Do you want Parts and Install? Better to be exclusively BMW or all EURO? What would you like to see that is not generally avalible locally or in the U.S.? Any Suggestions? Tell me what y'all think and shop names are welcome too.-Daniel

·
Registered
27 Posts
Suggestions...

I'm from 626 and know a lot o Bimmer fanatics, your products should be mainly all BMW parts and you should do installs as well. i could help you promote if your really serious about opening shop. E-mail me at [email protected]

·
Registered
769 Posts
i would love to have a shop for both accessories as well as installs. a strict bmw shop gives me more confidence as far having installs done there, but i'm sure a euro shop would be fine. great prices for repeat customers would be great too. i would love to get my suspension upgrade done at your new shop. i'm also at the 626 in the weekend and 949 during the week. good luck.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for all your imput, I am serious about opening a shop, Im in the middle of making my business plan :woot: , and wanted to get some outside opinions. This is great, keep em coming!-Daniel

·
Registered
97 Posts
That would be pretty sweet as there are very few bimmer shops down here. Or maybe I've just been looking in the wrong spots. Either way, I'm more interested in installs but if you can acquire parts as well, and have competitive prices, then that would be a definite plus. Good luck with everything!

·
(oOO \ (||||)(||||) / OOo)
2,282 Posts
Yeah, that will be great to have one here at SoCal. BMW performance parts, body kits, wheels and more, a One-Stop stores & service with in-house installation. Repeat customer gets great discount on next purchase item. :woot:

·
Registered
382 Posts
Yeah, I live in the 949 area code and would also love a bimmer shop. Here are what I would think will make your shop successful.

1. Excellent customer service - have a friendly staff, knowledgable, courteous,and professional, don't hire cocky young punks who think they're too cool to help you.
2. Competitive pricing - I know you have to make a living but if you were to at least match or beat any local shop's pricing that would be a very attractive commodity.
3. Have a professional installation service. Nothing like those cheap stereo or tint shop. Your shop doesn't have to look like a BMW dealership but if it's clean and can provide installation service at a reasonable price then that would also be a very attractive asset.
4. Have a wide range of merchandise and service available to the customer. Again you don't have to provide everything but at least the most popular item and even a few specialized items that other shop may not offer.

Keep us to date with your business plan, if you do open I wouldn't mind getting my angels eyes done at your place. Good luck
:thumbup:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts