E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5,851 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:censor: ***** work at the dealership I bought the car from.

Just noticed that the battery is junk. After a full charge, it just slowly drops to 10 volts.

autozone says the battery is junk as well.

the 00 323ci requires a 94 battery? they are a tad bit pricey.

what can I use for a direct replacement for this battery?

·
Registered
6,291 Posts
WTFF Staten Island!!!!!????

I can't believe you already went to Autozone to test the battery AND you work in the Auto Industry

so I find it incredibly lame that...

1. You are upset that an 11 year old battery that worked for 11 years in an 11 year old car is finally dying!

2. You have absolutely NO IDEA on replacing an industry 94R car battery?!

How did you manage to get out of bed this morning and get dressed without asking for help?

You must be smoking that prime kush with the WuTang or something!

Let me help you out:

1. Batteries generally NEED to be replaced after 4-5 years. This is an industry FACT that even my 3 years old nephew can tell you.

2. The BMW OEM Batteries are NOT Junk at all because they tend to last 8 -10+ years.

3. Replacing a 94R Battery is not rocket science! Go to Walmart, AutoZone, RS Strauss and the bum that begs for change in the parking lot will tell you this.

4. Had you searched you would have easily found that Walmart Everstart 94R is $77 and will work. Autozone Duralast 94R is around $100+ and will work. RS Strauss EXIDE 8 year Platinum 94R is $136 and will work.

That is just a short list and some of the forum favorites for replacement batteries.

Thanks for making me retype all that btw.

·
Registered
1,317 Posts
you went to Autozone to test the battery and work in the auto industry and

1. You are upset that a 11 year old battery in an 11 year old car is dying!

How did you manage to get out of bed this morning and get dress without asking for help?
dont forget making gay slurs.

·
Registered
2,440 Posts
My BMW OE battery lasted 8 yrs.

·
Registered
2,209 Posts
@bmwnoob999

From your member name... we understand you are new to the BMW community. So, Welcome to the forum.

However, for you to jump on here and start whining like a kid over a $80 (Tax will be extra) battery... leaves most of us to feel that you may not be ready to own a late model bimmer. You realize there's going to be a whole bucket List of items you WILL be replacing on your ride. I hope you won't write a thread like this for each time when it occurs. You may not get much sympathy or Help in the future. Just saying.

@Delmarco
Seems like he touched a sensitive subject on this one.. perhaps the words "battery search" would have been enough? :4ngie:

·
Registered
5,851 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
WTFF Staten Island!!!!!????

I can't believe you already went to Autozone to test the battery AND you work in the Auto Industry

so I find it incredibly lame that...

1. You are upset that an 11 year old battery that worked for 11 years in an 11 year old car is finally dying!

How did you manage to get out of bed this morning and get dressed without asking for help?

You must be smoking that prime kush with the WuTang or something!

Let me help you out:

1. Batteries generally NEED to be replaced after 4-5 years. This is an industry FACT that even my 3 years old nephew can tell you.

2. The BMW OEM Batteries are NOT Junk at all because they tend to last 8 -10+ years.

3. Replacing a 94R Battery is not rocket science! Go to Walmart, AutoZone, RS Strauss and the bum that begs for change in the parking lot will tell you this.

4. Had you searched you would have easily found that Walmart Everstart 94R is $77 and will work. Autozone Duralast 94R is around $100+ and will work. RS Strauss EXIDE 8 year Platinum 94R is $136 and will work.

That is just a short list and some of the forum favorites for replacement batteries.

Thanks for making me retype all that btw.
who said I ever worked in the auto industry? you already know wtf I do?

and yes its a big surprise. I got this car a mpnth ago and salesman said hes putting in a new battery in this car because it didnt start with the old one in it. So he bs'ed me I can tell.

but I appreciate the list. Im not planning to keep the car for more then a year.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts