·
Registered
6,865 Posts
that looks alot like the current one

·
Registered
2,690 Posts
that looks alot like the current one
Is nothing new. Is just that now BMW USA can order E46 Sedan with M Technik Package, that all.

Same with BMW Canada, all 03 E46 Sedan can be order with the M Sport Package.

Which comes will the the stuff that listed on the BMWUSA site.

And for Canada, the car will comes with Type 68 M Wheels.

·
The OG
4,071 Posts
"For the first time in a 330i a six-speed manual transmission will be standard. With the Performance Package it will include a short-throw shifter. The package also includes a shorter final drive ratio."

"The look and feel of the interior has been refined with cloth and Alcantara sport seats matching the Alcantara sport steering wheel. An anthracite headliner and Black cube aluminum trim complete an ambiance tailored to the enthusiast. Silver cube aluminum trim is optional. "

Sweet :thumbup:

·
Registered
93 Posts
will we be able to make these modifications to our 330's either coupe or sedan ( i know whether 2 or 4 doors doesnt matter)? Do you think that we will be able to buy these new cams and new final drive ratio and six speed transmission along with the needed ECU changes? If so how hard would these things be to intsall and any idea on the costs? haha i am sure it wont be worth the 10hp increase. But u never know..........

·
mi casa @ technik
6,570 Posts
Wake08 said:
will we be able to make these modifications to our 330's either coupe or sedan ( i know whether 2 or 4 doors doesnt matter)? Do you think that we will be able to buy these new cams and new final drive ratio and six speed transmission along with the needed ECU changes? If so how hard would these things be to intsall and any idea on the costs? haha i am sure it wont be worth the 10hp increase. But u never know..........
why not go with an aftermarket cam if you are going to replace them anyways?

however, the six-speed is definately a good idea :D

·
Registered
701 Posts
no new cams at all actually

Wake08 said:
the 10hp comes from the exhaust system i beleive now the car has the euro spec horse power nothing more.

·
Registered
93 Posts
this may be tru but the 6-speed with the new final drive ration and new ecu with higher rev limit, that should really increase the acceleration performance of the car. Edmunds got 5.9 on their 0- 60 i bet with these changes a mid 5 is possible?

·
Registered
701 Posts
i seriously doubt anything lower than

a claimed 6.1 from bwm my guess with the new final drive ratio people will get 5.7 from this one.

·
Registered
3,092 Posts
I heard it's supposed to come with a refined exhaust

with a deaper exhaust note. Does anyone know if a 330i exhaust will fit a 325ci/330ci?

Jspeed said:

There are new camshafts.

"Modifications to the 3.0-liter in-line six-cylinder engine, which include different camshafts and performance-modified Digital Motor Electronics, yield a ten horsepower increase to 235."

http://www.bmwnation.com/news/2002/021213_a.html

·
Registered
3,092 Posts
Also a few things to think about for retrofit and to question

1. a new exhaust that not only appears but also sounds more aggressive
2. red gauge needles
3. new tack showing additional 300 rpm limit ( good for shark injector whenever it comes out or if you have Dinan).

Also something to think about. The 330i is being released with performance package. What are they doing about the 330ci, we know the Clubsport is coming so will the US name just be a performance package and not Clubsport? Probably the 330i performance with the additional cost will put it into the same costs as a 330ci! It would suck for the 330ci to get the same performance package but then with the added cost come out $6k than the 330i performance sedan.

So that means the Clubsport would bump the 330ci into the $45-47k range! I think they need to do better on HP for the 330ci if the price would go up that much for the performance option and hell what about the 325ci, it needs more power than the 330.

Damn I paid $36 for my 325ci almost loaded and for probably $9k more the 330ci clubsport that will be 51 HP more damnit! They need to do something about the 325ci like either lower the price or bump up the performance.

·
Registered
1,745 Posts
Re: Also a few things to think about for retrofit and to question

KevinJ_2k1_325ci said:

So that means the Clubsport would bump the 330ci into the $45-47k range! I think they need to do better on HP for the 330ci if the price would go up that much for the performance option and hell what about the 325ci, it needs more power than the 330.

Damn I paid $36 for my 325ci almost loaded and for probably $9k more the 330ci clubsport that will be 51 HP more damnit! They need to do something about the 325ci like either lower the price or bump up the performance.
I'm pretty sure there is no way a Clubsport 330Ci would cost as much as a M3, BMW knows no one would buy it if it was as much as an M3.

BTW, it's 41 more hp, not 51. ;)

·
E46Fanatic
3,129 Posts
Re: Re: Also a few things to think about for retrofit and to question

jp323i said:

I'm pretty sure there is no way a Clubsport 330Ci would cost as much as a M3, BMW knows no one would buy it if it was as much as an M3.

BTW, it's 41 more hp, not 51. ;)
he's saying clubsport. he's right since it will have +10hp. current 330 is about 40 more now.

·
Registered
1,745 Posts
Re: Re: Re: Also a few things to think about for retrofit and to question

StreetTrixE4six said:

he's saying clubsport. he's right since it will have +10hp. current 330 is about 40 more now.
Damn, I forgot about the 10 extra hp. I was thinking 225 - 184. :banghead:

1 - 20 of 22 Posts