BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
In Pursuit of My J.D.
2,354 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have to flame here a little bit...:mad:

Despite all the problems I've had since I bought my car from Shelly BMW, and in addition to how terrible their service is, I've hit yet another speed bump with the purchase of this BMW.

I bought the car in September...and in November (2 months later) I receive a notice saying that my car still needs to have a Smog Check in order to register the vehicle to my name and issue it license plates. I took care of that the same week, had it smog checked by the dealer.

Now, in December, I finally receive a notice saying that the personalized plates I had ordered have now arrived and are ready to be picked up. After waiting for 2 hours at the DMV, I come to find out that I *can not* pick up my plates because Shelly BMW had submitted *incorrect* information to the DMV; they even forgot to include my FIRST NAME for the registration (they only entered my Last name), in addition to all the other mistakes and information they left out. Shelly BMW submitted this information to the DMV on December 13, more than 3 months since I originally purchased the car, and over a month after I had brought the car in to do the smog check.

I contacted Shelly BMW, only to find out that the original person who does their DMV registration has since *quit* her job, and that I would receive a phone call on Thursday to find out the next course of action.

When paying almost $35,000.00+ for a BMW, one would expect that the level and quality of service would come hand-in-hand with the price tag, but it does not. I knew I should have sticked with the Mercedes-Benz that I previously owned, and I know that I will never buy a BMW again. :flipoff:

·
"DPErt-ASchnizA-*****"
6,702 Posts
hmm, i beg to differ. i got my car frm shelley back in Dec 2000. everything went smoothly. I even got the personalized plates like you did. Everytime i went in for service, they were extremely helpful. Even on specialized ordered parts and rentals. I know you've had a bad experience but it was prly just you. the person handling yuor particular case was uncaring. But dont blame the entire workforce's ethics just becasue one individual messed up. Hopefully you wont get any bad experiences in the future.

·
In Pursuit of My J.D.
2,354 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
lilherc79 said:
I know you've had a bad experience but it was prly just you. the person handling yuor particular case was uncaring. But dont blame the entire workforce's ethics just becasue one individual messed up. Hopefully you wont get any bad experiences in the future.
No, it's not just "one person." The finance guys were all jerks when we were trying to close the deal when I bought the car, my service advisor has lied to me numerous times, the lady in charge of the DMV work is incompotent, the mechanics never know what they're doing, and the other service advisors have gone out of their way to be rude and unhelpful with me; and I'm saying all this based on experience.

·
St. Louis BMW Fanatic
7,162 Posts
Faheem Daddy said:
I have to flame here a little bit...:mad:

, and I know that I will never buy a BMW again. :flipoff:

You're not going to buy another BMW because you had a bad experience with your dealer? You're not being rational.

You should try to find another dealer to deal with instead of turning your back on BMW in general.

·
Law Enforcer
2,502 Posts
I beg to differ as well. I have bought 2 cars at Shelly BMW...the first saleman being a guy named Jason (no longer employed there), and my current sales advisor Yi-Wen Ting. Both salesmen were awesome. Everything went smoothly, and they offer the best service I've ever received from a dealer. Better than Savage BMW and better than the BMW dealer by Universal Studios (I forget the name), per my experience. They even go so far as to offer bagels, donuts, orange juice, coffee....and have a cable TV room w/ leather couches for you to enjoy while waiting for your car. It seems that just because an employ in the DMV section was a ***** (might have had a bad day), that you would rate their service below what it really is. I will admit, there are a few salesmen there that do give off a less than appealing aura, not all of them are like that....but to be fair, that's anywhere you go....whether it be McDonalds, or BMW.

Attachments

·
Registered
207 Posts
I also had a minor problem with my license plates but my dealer corrected the problem right away. I think the person in charge of DMV paperwork was not doing her job and she has since been replaced.

·
BMW NA Customer Relations
111 Posts
A Message from BMW NA

I’m with BMW of North America, LLC. I’m sorry your service experience was not what you expected. We are here to work with you and your Center. If you need our assistance, please phone us at (800) 831-1117 or email us through the Owners’ Circle at www.bmwusa.com.

·
Banned
669 Posts
I have bought 2 cars from shelly bmw and intend to buy more. They were nice to me when I bought my m3, even though my father raised a havoc trying to get his way (what are you gonna do, he is 64 years old and the negotiating part for him is better then driving the car :) ). Other then raping me on my trade in for my 330 everything went smooth. My salesman was yi-wen as well, nice guy, puts up with all my ****.

·
[]D[][]V[][]D[][]\[]
2,845 Posts
Re: A Message from BMW NA

BMW NA Customer Relations said:
I’m with BMW of North America, LLC. I’m sorry your service experience was not what you expected. We are here to work with you and your Center. If you need our assistance, please phone us at (800) 831-1117 or email us through the Owners’ Circle at www.bmwusa.com.

:D

·
Registered
315 Posts
With all the experiences you guys are having, good or bad, with your dealers you should post them on dealerraters.com so everybody can benifit from them.
thanks
vern

·
Registered
742 Posts
vernong said:
With all the experiences you guys are having, good or bad, with your dealers you should post them on dealerraters.com so everybody can benifit from them.
thanks
vern
Please post them on that website, cause I'm tired of seeing this:lmao: :lmao:

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
McKENNA BMW SUCKS EVEN MORE!

Please spread the word to everyone and their moms and thier grandmoms and grand kiddies and then some to never do business with McKenna.

btw, there is no dealerraters.com so if you can provide the correct link and to many other links to tell the world which dealer to not go to then please provide them correctly.

McKenna sucks

McKenna :thumbdwn:

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
haha I just made a comment on that site right before you posted the link :lmao:

you guys go read what I had to say on McKenna

btw, that site doesn't have a lot... who looks at it anyways

·
Registered
1,745 Posts
Seriously, it's a dealer thing & not necessarily a BMW thing. The same goes for M-B, Audi, etc. I hear a lot of whining on mbworld & audiworld about how dealer service sucks, but realize that their many individual experiences don't necessarily reflect the brand, but rather the specific dealers in question.

·
Registered
361 Posts
bad service from BMW, no way....yes im being sarcastic....why dont a few of us get together and buy a dealership, where service is priority #1....that would be a nice change from the norm

1 - 20 of 21 Posts