E46 Fanatics Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sup everyone...I just got a 2004 330CI and was wondering if anyone thinks I should wait till the recommended 15,000 miles for my first oil change??? I just hit 1,300 miles........

·
Registered
2,930 Posts
The engine comes filled with synthetic from the factory, I believe... which is rare among car manufacturers... but it's still good to change the oil once the break in period is over. 3000 miles is a good bet. After that you can do the 15k oil changes as long as you top off every 3k and change the filter every 5k. Or you can just get your oil changed every 5-7k.

Just don't let the 15k service interval be your only source of new oil and filters. :)

EDIT: Oh yeah, welcome!!! :hi:

·
Registered
9,095 Posts
SteelBlueXI said:
The engine comes filled with synthetic from the factory, I believe... which is rare among car manufacturers... but it's still good to change the oil once the break in period is over. 3000 miles is a good bet. After that you can do the 15k oil changes as long as you top off every 3k and change the filter every 5k. Or you can just get your oil changed every 5-7k.

Just don't let the 15k service interval be your only source of new oil and filters. :)

EDIT: Oh yeah, welcome!!! :hi:
Getting it changed early can never hurt. Welcome!!

·
Banned
1,992 Posts
Welcome.

If you plan on keeping the car, go with oil changes every 5-7000 miles or so. You can do them yourself. If you wanna pay the stealer, remind them not to reset the computer otherwise your free oil change will just keep getting extended further and further out.

The main thing is to change the oil filter every 5000 miles. The oil can last longer, but the filter has to be changed.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.