E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok guys,

Been in the market for an m3 lately.
I found a 2001 Alpine white/ Imola Red coupe.
Its got 10,000 miles on it, premium/xenon/6 speed/HK/cd changer/cold weather package.
The build date is 3/01 and there is no damage or body work.

The price is $42,500.

Should I go for it?

I've never purchased a used car before, any advice?
Anyone know if all m3's are covered by BMW's 6 year/ 100,000 mile warranty?

For you young guys with an m3, how much do you pay for insurance, I'm 23 with no accidents (that were my fault) or tickets

Thanks
:thumbup:

·
Registered
6 Posts
refer to www.edmunds.com but keep in mind, there is a higher demand for the M3 and the prices are a bit higher than market in some areas of the country. Assuming all is fine with the car in question, they are asking a very fair price if certified from a dealer, if it's private, I would offer 37K and see what happens. As for insurance, get a VIN number off www.autotrader.com and call your insurance company for a quote. All M3's have a 6/100 from BMW. Good luck, it's a great car.

·
Registered
507 Posts
yea ask 37-38k see what happens, but other than that it is a good car and that is the perfect combo(alipne white/imola red) IMO....did you just buy a 325:dunno:

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks.

It is a private seller.
I have not been able to find an m3 from a dealer at all, especially under $40k because of the high demand.
I doubt he will go any lower on the price, but I'm still gonna try:D

I was wondering about the extended warranty because some M owners were complaining that they were not covered.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The 325 is my girls.

I will have to fly to inspect the car.
As far as getting it inspect by the dealer, anyone know how much that will run?

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Kelly Blue book has the car at $41K for a private party deal.
I want to haggle but the demand is so high that haggling is almost not an option.
It seems like a fair price only because I have not been able to find a comparable car for cheaper.
:dunno:

·
Registered
874 Posts
Well to give you an example, the dealership here in town has a Carbon Black 2002 M3 with 8k miles on it (SMGII, Premium, Xenon, CWP, HK) for 48k

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
So does $42.5k sound reasonable.
I just don;t want to regret paying too much once the demand goes down.

·
Registered
593 Posts
yes is is very reasonable but dont tell the seller
always try to pull it down
if it doesnt work
then buy it
try to look for some 02s too
i have done alotof research on this already

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I initially wanted an 02 but this deal came along.
The 02's seem to prone to alot more engine failure though.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Micro64, I know you have been compiling alot research lately on used m3's. Is there any major pointers you can give me from all your hard work?

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
When purchasing a used car, who pays the tax?
Since I will be purchasing in another state, which rate applies?

·
Registered
14 Posts
wish my decision was as easy as yours, you're debating just between getting it or not? Definitely get it if you can financially afford it. I've got a future wife to support and make happy as well so i'm heading towards that direction. THanks for all your advice man!

·
Registered
836 Posts
hey man i was going to buy an m3 recently but after one test drive i totally didnt like it because it was way way way too harsh for everyday driving. Yes i know it's very fastttt compared to a 330ci and maybe nicer looking to you. But for a odd reason i like the 330ci for then a m3 because its both sporty and luxurious and most importantly very comfy.

·
Registered
203 Posts
stanleyfalls said:
I believe you pay the tax where the car is registered - your state.
This is correct. Make sure you don't pay tax twice!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts