E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Ride of the Month Challenge!

If only rear ACS add-on installed on '02 Sedan

• Yeah, go for it, it\'ll look pimpin!

Votes: 4 57.1%
  • Nay, the rear will be strange compared to the rest of the car.

Votes: 3 42.9%
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
^_^
1,339 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guys,

Ti. Silver '02 Sedan w/ M3 lip spoiler.

If I just add the ACS rear add-on, will it look fine?

·
^_^
1,339 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Actually, does anybody know if I just add the rear ACS add-on, will the bumper end up being lower than the rest of the car?

·
1st FULL '02 ACS 330i
563 Posts
BigRain said:
Actually, does anybody know if I just add the rear ACS add-on, will the bumper end up being lower than the rest of the car?
It will look fine. The '02 rear makes the rear a little lower, but it will still be a tad higher than your stock side skirts. Here's a pic with ACS sides. ACS sides are about 1/4" lower than stockers if you install them on top.

·
^_^
1,339 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Brandon,

Tried to PM you but your box is full!

1st, thank you so much for all the answers regarding this ACS issue here. You're a great help.

2nd, I think that your rear add-on looks a lot lower than that of Vitanno's (white 330i). Is it becos you choose to nail it down lower on the stock bumper?

3rd, if you don't mind me asking, where and how much did you buy the rear add-on from? The replica is only $235 USD (unpainted). However, I don't really think the material issue is a problem for rear add-on since we're not likely to hit any stones or anything at the back anyways.

Please advise.

·
1st FULL '02 ACS 330i
563 Posts
You have a '02 sedan, right? I have an '02+ add-on. It is different than the previous design. If you compare it to other ACS rears you will see the difference. The skirt was installed properly. It is glued along the line across the rear on the OEM bumper.

I got the add-on from Peter @ www.wheelexperts.com

I highly recommend dealing with him. A++ The replica is obviously cheaper than the original...but you will pay more for modifications for proper fitment with the replica.

·
Registered
353 Posts
I think it will look fine.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts