I found this system on eBay.
Can someone please tell me if it will fit my 2001 330ci
Item number: 160085083979
Thank you

·
Registered
1,426 Posts
Real OEM shows it as for E38/E39

I wouldn't run off just yet though. Some of these parts might be used in an E46. I believe the screen can and the computer. The wiring might be different as well as the case for the screen. You might have gotten a good deal though.

Wait for some other fanatics input.

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks James,
I need to wait for more input here...
This will be a big DIY and I want to be sure that this is a plug & play option for my car.

·
Registered
1,426 Posts
Thanks James,
I need to wait for more input here...
This will be a big DIY and I want to be sure that this is a plug & play option for my car.
There is one person in particular that sticks out in my mind who can help you with this... MITE46

He is pretty much a modding god. Here is his page on retrofitting the navigation:

http://e46.mit.edu/BMW_OEM_Widescreen_NAV_Retrofit.htm

He is on this board, search for his thread where he transplanted a SMG/M3 engine into his 323i.

Two things stand out as being usable in this, the screen (not the casing/tape deck) and the computer. The wiring probably isn't.

Goodluck!

·
ILCUTAWOOTIE
3,696 Posts
dude, i hope you realize how much this will cost to install (if you arent DIYing it).
Look at the m5s vs e46s

just to let u know, the part # for the e39 is 65526919709 and e46s is 65526913387.
If you really are looking into a navigation system and dvd player I would do this: http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=359575
Either way good luck and post pics. as far as it fitting in your car, I doubt it owuld...not 100% sure, but the m5 face looks wider than e46s

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks.

yeh, I realize the amount of work...and I think I can do it. I did Navi retrofit in my ACURA TL so I have some ideas.
Mine main question is the fitment and wiring...
I need to know if I can use that wiring in my e46

1 - 11 of 11 Posts