E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
439 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If you want to skip the background info just go down paragraph 3:

I currently have Bretyton Magic 19" by 9" with 235/35/19 BFgoodrich GE force tires on all 4 corners and Dinan Stage 3 suspension (lowering springs, koni shocks and struts, sways, camber plates)

I am tired of having these rims because they are just too big and heavy, also they have worn away both front fender lineers. I heard of several members on here that that 235/35.19 with no rubbing issues at all, but I am guessing my dinan suspension is the reason it wore away the fender liner, also a bmw tech told me the tires were wearing on the strut assembly.

Anyhow I am tired of these rims I don't like the looks of them, they are heavy I think around 31lbs and the tires sidewall is too thin for everyday driving, however I do LOVE how my car handles right now, but I think acceration is suffering because of these rims.

I want to go with a Moda R6 rim, not exactly a ltw wheel I know but still not that bad comapred what I have.

I am can't decide wether to go with a an 18" by 8" with 40+offset rim 28.9lbs with Kumho ecsta 712 235/40/18 tires or 225/40/18. I am worried that going with a 225 my handling will suffer, I am also worried that getting the extra sidewall introduce too much flex, but I think I really should have a 40 there because 35 just can't take the heat of the street very well.

The other option I am toying with is going with a 17" by 7.5" rim 25.5lbs 38+ offset and getting 235/40/17 kumho ecsta 712. I am worried the 17" just gonna be too dramatically smaller from what I am used to a 19" rim.

Bottom line though I am looking for more performance while retaining the the moda r6 rim. I just need to pick the best combo for handling acceleration and no rubbing.

Please donate your 2 cents.

Tom

·
Registered
455 Posts
Hey Tom,

I feel you buddy. I currently have some adr m-classics on my topaz and i hate how heavy they are. I myself would stick with a 19 if you can. I'm biased on my decision but I think dpe wheels are great and they are not too heavy. i have the r20s in full polish on the mvr and they feel great. The topaz will get some dpes for sure. I'm sold on dpes build quality and pricing. I hope that helps.

rickey

·
Registered
439 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
1BADe46 said:
Hey Tom,

I feel you buddy. I currently have some adr m-classics on my topaz and i hate how heavy they are. I myself would stick with a 19 if you can. I'm biased on my decision but I think dpe wheels are great and they are not too heavy. i have the r20s in full polish on the mvr and they feel great. The topaz will get some dpes for sure. I'm sold on dpes build quality and pricing. I hope that helps.

rickey

Thanks for your input, I just got another FLAT today! So I have to do something different! 4th flat since january.

Tom

·
Der Meisterstück
2,467 Posts
you gotta check the tire pressures in those 19's constently, especially with Breytons. Everyone I've known with Breytons have trouble keeping the tire pressures which endup in bent rims. I really don't want to say this, but they are "leaky" wheels.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts