E46 Fanatics Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Banned
7,267 Posts
Yeah, I'm having the same problem. Give it a few hours.

I retract my previous suggestions to purchase the cheap FCP brand control arms. Even if they fail and you have lifetime warranty, it is not worth the hassle imo.

·
Registered
196 Posts
FWIW,

I gave FCP two chances and had it been for another car like a Honda where parts are parts, It wouldn't really have bothered me. Fut for our bimmers, if you're looking for OEM or other top notch equivalent part, they screwed up and I sometimes really don't understand them.

They posted here the 15% off promo but haven't listed any due dates. I spent a good time adding a bunch of items on their site to find out that the 15% promo code no longer works. And get this, they charge like 8-$10 more for the right side of a control arm vs. left side for the same brand. What logic is this?

I also had a experience where they listed an OEM coolant expansion tank with BMW stickers and part#s and even showed a picture. This is not what I got and had to return it and eat the return shipping costs.

FCP imo is a bit too big for it's own good and less personalized then other places, however Arizona Autohaus is a pretty big outfit as well and never had any issues with them. RM European is great as well. Interestingly, RM Euro is farther away but I always seem to get packages faster than Autohaus. BMA is great as usual as well but I prefer the user interface of Autohaus the best.

My $.02

·
Registered
58 Posts
FCP front lower control arms once cost me a set of new tires for an E38 740i. The ball joints went to crap within a thousand miles or so and wore of a pair of new front.

I called FCP with a claim. If I paid the shipping to send the old arm back, they would replace them with the same garbage parts. I through the arms away and bought some from the dealer. I also had to buy a new pair of front tires.

For that I will never buy from them again. I don't forget that kind of crap.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.