BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
435 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,
My uncle want's to purchase a 4.4 X5 before the new year. He wants Black or silver exterior, prem., sport, xenon. Whats the best one can do off of MSRP. We are going to get it from Reeves in Tampa, FL, or Fields BMW in Lakeland,FL. Any info would be greatly appretiated. Thanx

·
Registered
435 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Going to get it tommorow, Please let me know how much you guys got off?

·
'a certain moderator'
38,139 Posts
hmmm, waiting til the last minute, arent we?

good luck, but why are u in such a hurry to get one before the new year, if u dont mind my asking?

-brendan

·
Registered OG User
586 Posts
simsima325 said:
hmmm, waiting til the last minute, arent we?

good luck, but why are u in such a hurry to get one before the new year, if u dont mind my asking?

-brendan
Taxes?:dunno:

Btw, good to see ya on this forum, asif.

·
Registered
435 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
My uncle want's it before the new year because of taxes as stated by coldintake. Do I know you cold intake?

·
Registered
52 Posts
Why doesn't he wait until after the new year. I heard that the luxury tax was no longer going to be added in the new year.

·
"DPErt-ASchnizA-*****"
6,702 Posts
actually i think it may be easier to deal because u go with the intention to buy, better to bargain with them to get a deal off the MSRP.

·
mY Name Is aMiLioooooooO
2,124 Posts
mr wu said:
Why doesn't he wait until after the new year. I heard that the luxury tax was no longer going to be added in the new year.
there is no luxory tax on SUV's some dude faught it and said an SUV simply cannot be considered a LUXURY VEHICLE ...so that odenst matter

·
Registered
968 Posts
There is a serious tax write off on SUV & trucks with a gross weight of over 6000 lbs. X5 can let you write off ~$10,000 on your '02 taxes if you buy by today (1/31/02).

It's for farmers, but ritchies always benefit too (thank the rebuplicans).

·
Imported *******
872 Posts
Black330ci said:

there is no luxory tax on SUV's some dude faught it and said an SUV simply cannot be considered a LUXURY VEHICLE ...so that odenst matter
??What??

An alacantra leather interior with wood trim, heated seats, dual climate control, power everything, etc is not considered luxury.

Better tell all the Ranger Rover/MB/BMW SUV owners that they paid too much money for their "non-luxury" vehicles.

·
Registered
444 Posts
vvtivanos said:

??What??

An alacantra leather interior with wood trim, heated seats, dual climate control, power everything, etc is not considered luxury.

Better tell all the Ranger Rover/MB/BMW SUV owners that they paid too much money for their "non-luxury" vehicles.
I am not sure about the weight thing. But the luxury tax was on vehicles not just cars it was for 2002 it was anything over 40K and it was a
3% tax if I can recall. But SUV might be "trucks" and in someway execpt from it. Crazy

·
Registered
435 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thats what I am trying to understand. How is the X5 on that tax rebate deal?

·
Registered
137 Posts
It goes by GVWR Gross Vehicle Weight Rating. That is the maximum that the truck can hold and that is over 6,000lbs on the X-5.

·
mY Name Is aMiLioooooooO
2,124 Posts
well when we got our RANGE ROVER in 1997 they told us about how SUV cannot be considered luxury cars

1 - 18 of 18 Posts