E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,704 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We have the upper intake boot from the air box down to an elbow and then the part has a Y. Part goes to the intake and a smaller part goes somewhere else. :)

These are all parts to take off to do the CCV but I believe the last part - the part with the Y - has a crack or hole. I can't seem to find the part on RealOEM:

Part #6 is my complete guess - picture at address below:
http://CylonRed.winkflash.com

Would NAPA likely have this part in stock?

·
Registered
2016 340i xD 6-spd
26,771 Posts
We have the upper intake boot from the air box down to an elbow and then the part has a Y. Part goes to the intake and a smaller part goes somewhere else. :)

These are all parts to take off to do the CCV but I believe the last part - the part with the Y - has a crack or hole. I can't seem to find the part on RealOEM:

Part #6 is my complete guess - picture at address below:
http://CylonRed.winkflash.com

Would NAPA likely have this part in stock?
That's the lower intake boot.

Realoem.com

I'll find mine and be right back and that will help you find yours.

http://www.realoem.com/bmw/showparts.do?model=AM53&mospid=47723&btnr=13_0643&hg=13&fg=15

#5 unless I misunderstood your description.

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
Lower intake boot. Single side joins upper intake boot, large part of double end goes to throttle body, and the smaller end goes to the idle control valve.

·
Registered
1,704 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Guys - I thought it might be the lower intake boot but I looked at RealOEM for over 25 minutes and never found anything even close... grrrrrrr... Mater of fact - finding the exact same spot for my 330i that dmax shows - finds nothing like this for my car. Not even remotely close. I don't get RealOEM - it can be so difficult to find to find things if you do not know their part number ore correct name.

I am going to have to do some part number\name searches to find out where it is in RealOEM for my car.

EDIT:
Mater of fact - the part number does not exist for the 330i but yet I can't find any part, other than what I already posted, that is even close.
#6 in my screen shot has to be it - it makes no sense otherwise.

·
Registered
2,078 Posts

·
Registered
1,704 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks Jake - just wanting to make sure it is correct. It does seem to be what I thought it was but I was really expecting lower intake boot or something similar instead of tube elbow. Only time I have seen the part out is from a bav auto video and it looked a lot more like dmax's picture.

I am outside of Dayton - the local dealer may have a ok price if needed - especially with a 15% discount.

·
Registered
2,078 Posts
Yeah, somtimes dealers can suprise you.

Also, it is the correct part (now that I know you were just thrown off my the name). Realoem, along with oh so many BMW dealer websites, annoy the piss outta me as well when it come to the names. So many times I've emailed them to confirm "Insert , W/cover - FRONT INSERT WITH CO", is indeed the sunglass holder I am interested in....uggh, I feel ya.

You on OB.c?

·
Registered
2016 340i xD 6-spd
26,771 Posts
Thanks Jake - just wanting to make sure it is correct. It does seem to be what I thought it was but I was really expecting lower intake boot or something similar instead of tube elbow. Only time I have seen the part out is from a bav auto video and it looked a lot more like dmax's picture.

I am outside of Dayton - the local dealer may have a ok price if needed - especially with a 15% discount.
Spend time at realoem for your car...you'll learn lots!

You might try just looking at the pictures...different interface...I just started using it and like it...same they use at dealers pretty much.

When you can find the aggregate protective plate without help, you'll have mastered it! And, the connectors for the battery cover, and the o-ring for the lower radiator hose...that's a tricky part to find, and you can't do it only on realoem either!

·
Registered
2,078 Posts
ohiobimmers.com....plenty of dayton guys around, join up. :thumbup:

·
Registered
2,078 Posts
Worth joining, good to have local help from time to time you know. Good group of guys.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts