BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Thanks for all your comments! Other than loving the drive of a BMW, the community is the biggest reason why I would love owning a e46.

·
Registered
71 Posts
I have a 325 iT auto it has enough power for me to never be wishing I had more power on the street. If the way you drive requires that extra power then get the 330. It's really a personal decision at this point. As one poster said, if you look closely at the cars the flaws will come out and maybe make your decision easier.

·
Registered
2004 325i automagic
2,935 Posts
If you had a 325 already and 'wanted more', then won't you end up saying the same thing at some point if you get another 325?

·
Registered
652 Posts
Sports seats pay daily dividends. Nothing like them and every time I settle into them I feel privileged

Reactions: Jcaze46

·
Registered
2005 BMW 330i
713 Posts
My white 330i came with base seats and had to swap them out to sport seats. Got them recovered and feel so good, along with an M3 wheel.

·
Registered
1,310 Posts
Sports seats pay daily dividends. Nothing like them and every time I settle into them I feel privileged
I missed this.

If the 325 has the sport package. Yes. Get the 325.
The sport seats are worth it alone. Plus you get a bit of a sportier suspension.

·
Registered
'04 330ci 6MT
407 Posts
I couldn't tell you which you should get, because that depends on your preferences, but I can tell which I'd get. For me, it's far easier to retrofit sports seats (4 bolts each) and a sports steering wheel (1 bolt) than it would be to do an engine swap. And that's what I did when I bought my 330. (It wouldn't help you with the colour though!)

·
Registered
245 Posts
Coming from a manual perspective and someone who wanted a faster car - the Acceleration different just pushed me deep into 330 territory.

I don't know about automatics but the late 330s came with 6spd compared to 5spd. So that was a huge plus as well.

Average Economy - I gut 29-31 on highway averaging 80 mph.

City 24-26.

·
OEM ///PLUS
2003 M3 6MT Slicktop
23,727 Posts
gas mileage is about the same.

you’re in Canada so not sure if your build market is same as USA. in that I don’t know if your 330i’s came with sport suspension standard like USA later models do. with those seats and steering wheel it sure doesn’t have Sport Package.
now the 325i you describe has Sport Package. this means it also has sport Suspension.

well that’s a tough one, and depends on your desires. basically a 325iA ZSP vs 330iA non-ZSP.

me, I would learn to drive a stick while waiting for a clean 330i ZSP manual.

·
Registered
146 Posts
i wouldn't buy either because neither are what you want. Off the web. 2004 325i 0-60 6.9 sec. 2003 330i 0-60 6.1 sec. It seems like the 325i is the perfect car except for the engine. Where I live we have many e46's for sale. If you are patient you will find the car you really want.

21 - 31 of 31 Posts