E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

I need some help from the community. I have a 2000 323i and i have a bad leak under the car. I left the car sitting for a week and upon returning i found a 2 foot circle underneath the car. The fluid seems to be yellowish brown and smells a bit burnt. I checked all the fluids and they are all fine. I have not checked the 5sp transmission fluid because i do not have the resources to do so. I changed the tranny fluid about 2 yrs ago and filled it with royal purple.

So heres the problem. Im from NJ and i go to school at Bryant University in Smithfield RI. I dont know any good and cheap shops around here that could put my car on a lift.

Any recommendations to what could be leaking would be very helpful. Also reccomendations towards any shops in the area would be appreciated.

thanks, Jay

·
Registered
202 Posts
Power Steering fluid?
Is it oil or thinner?

·
Registered
65 Posts
There is a shop in Smithfield here the guy works on BMWs. I would not go there for anything too complicated, but he has a lift and he will at the very least diagnose your leak.
PM and I will send you the info.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts