E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
510 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There is a 2000 323i for sale. This car has 211,000 miles on the shell but it has a replacement motor with only 60,000. The replacement motor is from a 328i. The color of the car is a dark blue, kinda purple looking. Interior wise it's tan with leather, power seats, heated seats, harmon kardon sound, and it's automatic which sucks. It has 17 inch Beyron Mesh wheels on it which look fairly good for how old they are. The car has a few scratches and dings, but it's for sale for only $4,000. Is it a waste of money to purchase it? Or would it be worth it. Take into account that the chasis isn't replaced or anything else. Also how long does a chasis last roughly. Just looking for some opinions. Let me know what you think, thanks.

33,347 Posts
Im taking an educated guess here and say that chasis miles dont matter for too much so long as its rust free and the parts and suspension components have been maintained and replaced.

Just make sure that you get some documentation on the miles of the new engine... thats the most important... other then that a test drive and good once over will tell you all you need to know about the chasis.

·
Registered
269 Posts
Is it a coupe?

I would say its a buy, pretty cheap price if its all in good nick.

Try to talk em down to 3.

·
Registered
510 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
No it's a sedan. He was saying the engine was a 328 ZCP or ZHP performance package, but I only thought that was for the 330's. I may be mistaken but doesn't that sound kinda odd?

·
Registered
52 Posts
No it's a sedan. He was saying the engine was a 328 ZCP or ZHP performance package, but I only thought that was for the 330's. I may be mistaken but doesn't that sound kinda odd?
lol im not too sure about that statement. Just have him give you documents of the engine being installed and maybe on the document, itll say the type of motor. Is it possible to check the motor out from the motor VIN number?
you can try that i guess

sorry im not that helpful :(

Patrick

·
Registered
510 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the help anyways Patrick. I test drove it today and it is fairly quicker then my 325i. When I brake though the steering wheel shakes.

33,347 Posts
Yeah later 330s were the only ones that got the zhp upgrades. It might have come out of a car that's a zcp, but it's the same engine. Non zhp performance packages didn't get anything done to the engine

1 - 8 of 8 Posts