BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3,280 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys. Driving an '01 325xi, bone stock right now...

I'm going to be putting in a GruppeM intake and UUC TES2 exhaust. My next question is software.

I really, really, really don't want to void my warrenty. The Dinan software I've heard really doesn't do much and I doubt they would flash me with Stg 2 since I don't even have their intake. Think I could buy a throttle body and get them to flash me with Stg 3? Would that even be worth it?

AA's software looked nice but I've heard I have to send it off for reprogamming so that tells me I probably can't flash it back to stock myself if I need to take it to the dealer.

To the best of my knowledge Shark is not available for my car.

I know Technik has software for my car but I know NOTHING about it. How do the gains match up to other software and can I flash it myself or is this another deal where I have to ship it off.

Insert $0.02 here.

·
Registered
1,677 Posts
forget perf. mods for 325

go for looks.

for the money u spend on stage 3 with tb, i bet you could fit some nice m3 mirrors on your ride.

just my $0.02

·
Registered
3,280 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
PLAZAMAN said:
forget perf. mods for 325

go for looks.

for the money u spend on stage 3 with tb, i bet you could fit some nice m3 mirrors on your ride.

just my $0.02
Good point. :)

Probably just going to do intake and exhaust for sound and to make the throttle response a little quicker. Just wanted to know if software was really an option.

The only other performance mod I'm going to do is suspension since I like throwing it around turns and it will make it look a little more aggressive. The stock xi suspension makes it look like an SUV.

How much are mirrors? I love the way they look. Very :pimpin:

·
Registered
1,677 Posts
you can wait for rennsports group buy.
or you can buy m3 style mirrors on ebay that fold up as well.
i paid 360 shipped for mine.

·
Registered
3,280 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
PLAZAMAN said:
you can wait for rennsports group buy.
or you can buy m3 style mirrors on ebay that fold up as well.
i paid 360 shipped for mine.
How much for painting? Was the install DIY? And do I need to do any special modification for the auto-folding or is it PnP?

·
Registered
3,280 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Bump. Anyone else have their two cents to share? :dunno:

Anyone have info on the Technik software? Thanks.

·
Banned
1,344 Posts
installing mirrors is a DIY. id rather go for looks than performance.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts