E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
Best M5 Ever Made!
7,440 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone have some left over from a larger bottle? Just looking to dye my faded armrest top, and I can't imagine it would use that much. I contacted Leatherique and here's what they said:

"What color dye do you need? (color name and code)
You need dye and prepping agent.
Our smallest is 8 oz.
Regards,
George
www.Leatherique.com"

So I'd need some dye and prepping agent, I think 8oz is waaaay too much to do such a small spot. I have a 2001 330i with premium package, grey leather. Anyone have anything?

·
Registered
497 Posts
I've never heard of this product. Does anyone have any before / after pics? My driver side seat bolster is faded to ****.

·
Registered
3,432 Posts
I think Leatherique offers this due to some cases of E46 owners experiencing an issue with the Leather treatment. Supposedly, a few fanatics reported that after using the Rejuvenator Oil and Pristine Clean products from Leatherique, they noticed discoloring of wherever they applied the product after the the detail was complete. Now, this affected those only with Grey interior. OP, I hope you get this issue resloved, and good luck! :thumbup:

·
Registered
107 Posts
I have a grey interior and used Rejuvenator Oil and Pristine Clean two times. It is perfect. However, be carefull with the dye, as the dye would be identical to the original interior colour. Given the number of years ( fading etc) the colours did not match.

·
Registered
395 Posts
My driver's seat side bolster is getting pretty faded so I want to re dye it. Only problem is that Leatherique wants $45 for the dye, $23 for the agent, plus $15 for shipping = $83 total. Leather magic has a restoral kit for $49.95. Is leather magic just as good as leatherique?

·
Registered
111 Posts
Not to thread jack but I would be interested in the same thing as OP... I used leatherique on my armrest and it faded alot of the color. The seats are fine, just the armrest cover was effected. I'd like a couple oz. as well if anyone has any spare

1 - 6 of 6 Posts