BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2,508 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys I know there are some threads on here re auto shipping providers but I'm looking for advice and/or recent/regional experience.

I need to have my 2001 330i shipped from Evanston WY area (about 30 mins out of Salt Lake City UT) back here to Boston, ideally with pickup to be undertaken before the end of the month.

Has anyone worked with a national carrier or local provider that can make recommendations? (Yes also posting to that region but for national providers figured this was the first stop)

Thanks for any info. :thumbsup:

Matt

·
Registered
E39 E90 E46 F10
4,996 Posts
I used DAS to ship an 02 5-series from GU to HI (in 2005) and an 07 TSX from HI to CA (in 2008). They were the shippers used by the relocation company. I've read mixed reviews about these guys, but with my sample of 2, they were fine.

·
Registered
1,706 Posts
I used DAS back in 2003 to ship a brand new 03 Ford Mustang Cobra from a South Dakota Ford dealership to Hickam AFB, HI. Needless to say never again will I use them because the car arrived with damage to the front bumper due to the placement of the cargo straps during transport. I had a hard time finding three repair shops in Honolulu where I could get repair estimates to send to DAS.

·
Registered
2,508 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ok so sounds like DAS is DAS problemo. Any other shipping names out there?

Sent from BimmerApp mobile app

·
Registered
8 Posts
Call Bernie at 760 733 3488 direct; they are at excellent auto transport .com. They are brokers for transporters I am using them now for a car shipment to Boston.
Let her know that I recommended her, she has great service.

·
Registered
724 Posts
try U-ship, might find someone going that way and get it home cheap

·
Registered
8 Posts
Try Bernie at excellent auto transport she is great 7607333488, just got my car from PA Monday night, great service and price. Car arrived in perfect health and the transporter was on time and responsive. Bernie followed the process from start to finish and made me very comfortable with the process.

·
Registered
2,508 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
For the record Excellent Auto Transport and the carrier they got for me Rapid Transport were fast amazing and very very competitively priced. The guy at the storage lot my car was in out in Wyoming was hard to nail down and not only did they wait him out but Rapid also signed off for the balance I owed and took it as part of the delivery payment. I literally could not have done this with any other companies and Bernie and her daughters were truly nice and easy to work with.

Forever grateful for the info Karim, this is the power of e46fans at work!

·
Registered
34 Posts
Another data point - I also went with Excellent Auto Transport, and they got my 325xiT from Wisconsin to its new home in NC with no problems. Recommended.

·
Registered
2,508 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Thanks guys hope you are enjoying your e46's as much as I am mine. Yes Bernie and her daughters were great.
They sent me a handwritten Christmas/thank you card. Can you believe that people like this still exist? Awesomeness+ for Excellent Auto Transport.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts