BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Banned
684 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We need an E46 M3 in San Diego that DOES NOT have a strut bar to confirm that the new Carbon Fiber Quatro strut bar will fit the E46 M3. We will compensate you with either $30.00 on the spot, or a discount on the bar of $200.00 off MSRP when the first production run is complete (in a few weeks).

Please contact me at [email protected] to arrange the test fitting ASAP.

Regards,

-Dan

·
Banned
684 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
krispykreme said:
You are welcome to use my car if you are coming up for X-mas. I am going away. I can drop the damn car off at 99's.

I will buy one from you :pimpin:
How about I just borrow your M3 over x-mas Jerry? I'm going up to the bay area from the 23rd-29th (though I will still have internet access and will still be managing the buy-in from up there). Don't worry, I'll take good care of it!

As for needing an M3, I need it like tomorrow. I am 99% sure it will fit for the buy-in, but I want to make 100% sure.

:D

-Dan

·
TWC 2008
2,833 Posts
Anthony said:

jeff, stop begging, you act as though you are scared to drive out of LA

you havent even been down to john's place yet
I don't know how far san diego is...is it close? I'll go to john's house...just lemme know when you wanna chill man, I down for whatever now that I'm officially on break.

·
Registered
53 Posts
BFP said:

How about I just borrow your M3 over x-mas Jerry? I'm going up to the bay area from the 23rd-29th (though I will still have internet access and will still be managing the buy-in from up there). Don't worry, I'll take good care of it!

As for needing an M3, I need it like tomorrow. I am 99% sure it will fit for the buy-in, but I want to make 100% sure.

:D

-Dan
I don't mind if you are giving me a huge discount on the strut bar!!!!:pimpin:

·
Banned
684 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
M3 VROOM said:
i'd expect the bar for free
So for me to come to your home or place of work, have you pop the hood, and let me test fit a bar on your car for what would likely be much less than an hour while you sit on your couch watching DBZ, you would expect a $500.00 strut bar for free? If popping your hood is worth $500.00, I'm in the wrong business! :lmao: I wish Linh (Shane's little bro) hadn't sold his M3. :ben:

-Dan

·
Registered
182 Posts
Try $300. No way some dude is gonna let you beat their M3 down for an hour for $30.

·
Banned
684 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
SmurfM3 said:
Try $300. No way some dude is gonna let you beat their M3 down for an hour for $30.
Ok, here is what the fitting will consist of...

1) pop hood
2) take off 3 nuts from each strut tower
3) fit bar over nuts
4) put 3 nuts back on
5) make sure everything clears
6) remove bar
7) give person their $30.00 or $200.00 discount

There is no driving involved, no beating down, etc. We already know the bar works on the E46 from extensive testing... I just want to make sure it clears the M3 motor, and that the studs are the right length for the included nuts. I would also be more than willing to drive out to do this...

-Dan

·
Registered
131 Posts
why won't you consider an '03 M3 with an existing strut bar?

·
Banned
684 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
rockshox said:
why won't you consider an '03 M3 with an existing strut bar?
I am not sure if the '03 has different strut nuts/bolts than the pre '03, and since I figure that most E46 m3 customers who order our bar won't have the OEM strut bar, it would be best to have the pre-'03 in case there are in fact differences.

Does anyone know if the pre/post '03 strut tower nuts/bolts are the same? If so, I'll take any year M3.

-Dan

1 - 20 of 39 Posts