E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,474 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i am thinking about lowering my car but i am not sure what to get. i do not want to roll fenders and i do not want my car to tuck. i have a system in the back so it is already a little lower. i can only put one finger in the back in between the tire and fender and two/three fingers up front. the front is 19X8 with 235/35 and rear is 19X9 with 245/35. i am thinking either bilstein coils or eibach springs with shocks/struts. what would you guys recommend. it is a 325Ci. i really do not want a harsh ride, that is very important to me. any other combinations that i don't know of. i think the h&r cup kit will be a little too much lowering. the back is even lower now because of the system

·
Registered
352 Posts
yae me too, i would like to lower it just so theres no wheel gap, but it seems like the front gap is always more than the rear...and if its too low its hard to drive...what a dilemma

·
Banned
3,769 Posts
Just get HR sport springs. they'll lower the car without tucking and with very little or no wheel gap. i got HR race and i still want the back a little lower. :

Attachments

·
Registered
212 Posts
Vogtland has a new line of springs designed for audio enthusiasts. It provides a slight rake to the vehicle, so the front is lowered a little more than the rear. It's designed to account for the extra weight in the trunk by not lowering it as much as the front.
Might be worth a look.

·
Registered
4,240 Posts
MikekiM said:
Vogtland has a new line of springs designed for audio enthusiasts. It provides a slight rake to the vehicle, so the front is lowered a little more than the rear. It's designed to account for the extra weight in the trunk by not lowering it as much as the front.
Might be worth a look.

H&R sports' rear springs dont sit as low as the front either.... I would go with H&R sport...

·
Registered
110 Posts
I have RD Competition for sale in the For Sale thread. They are not that low. It's $115 if you're interested.

·
Registered
440 Posts
DropTopBM said:

H&R sports' rear springs dont sit as low as the front either.... I would go with H&R sport...

you have H&R sports and I have the H&R sports, but your drop looks better than mines...maybe it's because you have OEM shocks and I have bilstein shocks?! :dunno:

·
Registered
1,474 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
deardevil>i got the rims from my local speed shop in delaware. i believe they ordered them from the tirerack, but tirerack does not have them on their website anymore. the wheel is mille miglia avia2

1 - 17 of 17 Posts