BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know this information is on here somewhere but I can't find it. I am ordering new interior A-pillar trim pieces and I wanted to make sure I'm getting the right color. I say my interior is grey, my wife says beige. Isn't there a way to tell for sure what your interior color is? Is it in the VIN?

The pieces I'm talking about are #1 here...
http://www.realoem.com/bmw/showparts.do?model=BD53&mospid=47713&btnr=51_3733&hg=51&fg=55

Thanks all...

·
Registered
364 Posts
BEIGE

GRAY

gray and beige are very distinct... photos of your interior please.

Thx to the folks who submitted these photos (which I stole)...

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I was going to post these earlier but I didn't think it's real helpful. The color seems to wash out in the photos to me.

You can see the stupid wrinkles at the foot of the a-pillar trim that I'm trying to get rid of.

Thanks again...

Attachments

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
:pics:

You can't seriously think we'll be able to tell without pics, right?
What I was asking is...isn't there some way of figuring out the color based on VIN or something like that? My old car had the interior and exterior color codes on the drivers door panel near the tire inflation pressures.

Never fear, pics have been attached.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

·
Registered
1,362 Posts
I was going to post these earlier but I didn't think it's real helpful. The color seems to wash out in the photos to me.

You can see the stupid wrinkles at the foot of the a-pillar trim that I'm trying to get rid of.

Thanks again...
I realize you may be picky, but those wrinkles aren't worth worrying about; virtually every e46 has them.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
E46_SoKOR_328I your pics were priceless. :bow:

I realize you may be picky, but those wrinkles aren't worth worrying about; virtually every e46 has them.
I'm sure you're right. But they drive me crazy. I notice them every time I get in. I'm already ordering a bunch of parts from Tischer and they're only $33 each. Plus they're an easy install.

·
Registered
364 Posts
yeah... digging through a sea of black interiors sucks...

i hope they helped tho.

when you're installing this, don't forget to unplug your battery so you don't risk deploying the HPS.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
yeah... digging through a sea of black interiors sucks...

i hope they helped tho.

when you're installing this, don't forget to unplug your battery so you don't risk deploying the HPS.
Yeah, what a way to turn a $70 cosmetic repair into a several hundred dollar one. :excited:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts