E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:banghead:
Have not been able to find a Pic of a Ti Silver E46 Coupe that has metalized window tint.
Does anybody have any, or maybe a photoshop work to see how it looks.

Many thanks in advance.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the info Lifo. That might explain why there are no cars out there using them. Thanks again.

·
Registered
350 Posts
38% fully metallic Llumar Mellenium series tint

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
TX330ci said:
TX330ci thank you for the image. Pardon my ignorance on these matters, but what is LIMO (...get limo) ?

Hard to tell from this picture if your windows are metallic or black. Can you tell me what % you use on these windows ? Thanks again for the post, I appreciate the response.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Vics said:
38% fully metallic Llumar Mellenium series tint
Vics. I really like how your car looks. :thumbup: 38% on the fronts is perfect. Any reason why you did not go darker on the backs ?

I just recently added the clear euro lights and reflectors on my car (328 Ci) and looks like yours. :smokin: Could not ask for a better example.

Thanks again for your picture, it help me make up my mind about the tints. Will go with Lumar Mellenuim as well.

·
name's PHIL
5,946 Posts
cobra97 said:

TX330ci thank you for the image. Pardon my ignorance on these matters, but what is LIMO (...get limo) ?

Hard to tell from this picture if your windows are metallic or black. Can you tell me what % you use on these windows ? Thanks again for the post, I appreciate the response.
LIMO is the darkest tints out there.......u see limousine cars with it..........anyways LIMO is usually 5%.......the % = amount of light that goes in the car, hence the smaller the number the darker.......alot of people get 35% to play it safe.......i dont think its dark enough so i'm stripping mine off and going with 5%:thumbup:

·
Registered
350 Posts
Darker on the back? I wouldnt want different shades of tint on my car, i believe in uniformity. Actually i think darker on the front windows is more logical because of the sunlight that comes thru the windshield which makes the front windows always look lighter than the backs.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
europrojektz330 said:
europrojektz330 :bow: Your car looks very good :bow:

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
He and his said:

LIMO is the darkest tints out there.......u see limousine cars with it..........anyways LIMO is usually 5%.......the % = amount of light that goes in the car, hence the smaller the number the darker.......alot of people get 35% to play it safe.......i dont think its dark enough so i'm stripping mine off and going with 5%:thumbup:
Well, I have to say that I'm impressed by the response from all of you. The forum is serving its purpose entirely with threads like this one. VERY INFORMATIVE, and makes my lack of knowledge a thing of the past. :D:
Don't want to sound dull, but I believe in giving credit when credit is due. ....enough of this... I feel like OPRAH....:confused:

THANKS.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Vics said:
Darker on the back? I wouldnt want different shades of tint on my car, i believe in uniformity. Actually i think darker on the front windows is more logical because of the sunlight that comes thru the windshield which makes the front windows always look lighter than the backs.
! Good point and Point taken ! :thumbup:
This is the type of feedback I was after. Great !

Your car looks :pimpin: from that angle. To all, I will post pics before the tint and after for your feedback.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Just talked to Customs Sounds (here in Austin) about the metallic Llumar Mellenium series tint. They don't carry metallic on that brand.
They do have FORMULA ONE. Did some research on the internet, and it seems to be a solid brand, with lifetime warranty, when installed by a certified shop (customs Sonds is certified).
Is this a good brand to go for, or should I look for alternatives.

FYI: I was quoted 199.00 for the job. They use 1 piece on the back window (good). Take care.

·
Registered
249 Posts
cobra97 said:
Just talked to Customs Sounds (here in Austin) about the metallic Llumar Mellenium series tint. They don't carry metallic on that brand.
They do have FORMULA ONE. Did some research on the internet, and it seems to be a solid brand, with lifetime warranty, when installed by a certified shop (customs Sonds is certified).
Is this a good brand to go for, or should I look for alternatives.

FYI: I was quoted 199.00 for the job. They use 1 piece on the back window (good). Take care.
I have the formula one metallic tint. It's a reflective kind of tint (charcoal color) and it's not mirror-like like the ones you see on some cars. I got 20% all around. Click on the link below to see the pictures.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts