BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
18,541 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bottom line, I am getting black kidneys....
Now... i have SilverGray
Do I get all black grills or black with the outter portion painted SilverGray

Anyone have good pics?
I have seen a few on facelifted coupes, but for some reason I just can't come to a conclusion!!!!!! :banghead:

I know... stupid huh?

·
Registered
1,917 Posts
sorry for thread jacking but is it possible to just buy the lining of the kidney not the full grill? Mine is black with a chrome trim and I want to make the chrome black...

·
Registered
10,391 Posts
sorry for thread jacking but is it possible to just buy the lining of the kidney not the full grill? Mine is black with a chrome trim and I want to make the chrome black...
you could diy it :p dunno if you can just buy the surrounds though

·
Registered
3,724 Posts
I've got Steel Grey and have painted surrounds with black slats.

·
Registered
1,558 Posts
full black is the way to go
its clean and :pimpin:
esp if your car is dark but you can try spraying your OEM ones so it has the chrome black look

·
Registered
3,724 Posts
do you have a decent pic of them?
thanks
I got rained on on my way home from work last night. Let me see what I can do when the weather clears up

·
Registered
812 Posts
you can buy just the trim area (not the slats) in black, i used to have them. I think you get them from bavauto.com. They suck tho'. You have to use this epoxy (sp?) they give you and basically glue them on to your existing grills and if you mess up your fvcked.

Then when you realize they look like shiit they are a pain to take off. When you get them off your left with all that black epoxy stuff on your grill that you have to scrap off.

Just a lil something to think about.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts