BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys.

I would like to get an opinion from you guys what color to choose to paint my brakes???

Like you see on my signature I have a black car.

I was thinking about red, black, or silver. What do you think???

I like red but I am worried that it can be mistake and my car will look too ricy

Thanks

·
Registered
554 Posts
Either black or silver. I always think that the vibrant colors look a little cheesy unless it's a legitimate big brake kit.

·
Registered
E36 Drift Missile, 08 Nissan Titan Tow Rig, 02 SV650 traffic zipper
1,492 Posts
IMO you cant have painted calipers (expect black or silver) if you dont have mods to pulls it off.

·
Registered
198 Posts
IMO you cant have painted calipers (expect black or silver) if you dont have mods to pulls it off.
Agreed.

Some guy painted the ///M badge that's stamped onto the caliper. Used the colors but kept the caliper black. I thought it was a nice touch.

33,616 Posts
Either black or silver. I always think that the vibrant colors look a little cheesy unless it's a legitimate big brake kit.
+1 Couldnt agree more

·
Registered
26,449 Posts
When I'm driving around, I just love the looks on people when they look at my pink calipers...I can often see them mouth the words, "wow, awesome car, but even more awesome brake calipers."

I really love my car...many here know that...but the thing I love the most is its stopping power, and by picking such a distinctive color it highlights the thing I love the most about it. Second most, I love my rear view mirror, and since I know it'd be stupid to paint the mirror, I'm just going to use that plastic paint on the back black part of the mirror...also pink to match my calipers. Third...think my lugs are awesome...but those will be going yellow...think they'd look great having a yellow circle when moving to contrast with the pink caliper.

33,616 Posts
:rofl:

count on Doug to have the most ridiculously sarcastic post in any thread :tsk:

·
Registered
26,449 Posts

count on Doug to have the most ridiculously sarcastic post in any thread :tsk:
Please don't taunt me, Drew. My ego is far larger than it should be thanks to fanatics; I don't want stuff like your post to drive me further!

But, I will say (and, Drew, your quote reminded me)...from a designing sense, what do you want people noticing? If you're a young guy driving a bmw, it's 'you,' not your calipers...that'll attract guys, maybe, but not either the guys you want...or the gals (if that's what you want). Jake just opined yesterday, not to paint calipers any color of the rainbow...unless they come that way...good point!

Mine are charcoal gray matte...identical with the color of OE brake pad dust!

33,616 Posts
Please don't taunt me, Drew. My ego is far larger than it should be thanks to fanatics; I don't want stuff like your post to drive me further!

But, I will say (and, Drew, your quote reminded me)...from a designing sense, what do you want people noticing? If you're a young guy driving a bmw, it's 'you,' not your calipers...that'll attract guys, maybe, but not either the guys you want...or the gals (if that's what you want). Jake just opined yesterday, not to paint calipers any color of the rainbow...unless they come that way...good point!

Mine are charcoal gray matte...identical with the color of OE brake pad dust!

What a coincidence... Mine are too :eeps:

33,616 Posts
33,616 Posts
1 - 20 of 24 Posts