E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
okay, so i found a good deal on brand new set of 2 Avantgarde m310 20x8.5 with 30mm offset 5x120 bolt pattern and 2 brand new Avantgarde m310 20x10 with 38mm offset. The guy owns his own business and mounted theses wheels on a car, customer didnt like them so took them right back off and somehow he's stuck with them and wants to get rid of them. I took a look at them yesterday and sure enough. Brand spankin new. Only problem is there 20''...

Thats alittle too big for my tast. really wish they were 19'', and im on stock suspention. But he was nice enough to mount the left side on my car to see how they fit. I have an 04 330ci and it looked pretty damn good. SUPPER close to rubbing in the back. the wheels have tires mounted on them but i told him i was only interested in the wheels. He would sell them to me for $600 without tires. (the tires that are mounted on the wheels are just some extra used tires he had laying around his shop and beat to S***.) so i wasnt too interested in the tires.

So, what kind of suspention work and tire size should i be looking at to rock these 20''? do i need to roll fenders? camber kit? or is 20'' just retarded on an e46? Anyways, there up for sale and its first come first serve so i need to act quick. any advise is appritiated!

heres the pics of the left side mounted

Attachments

·
Registered
6,153 Posts
OP,

in the end it's up to you,......but they Really (opinion) look to big to me. I can only imagine the time & effort it will take to make these work properly.

Good luck in your decision.

·
Registered
2,402 Posts
Waaaaaaay toooo big for the car OP. They make it look ridiculous. I would either just pass on them or sell them if you already bought them. There are deals on wheels all the time and to be honest even a 19" wheel looks goofy on a non M. In my opinion the 17" and 18" are perfect for both looks and performance. Don't cut your car all up just to be able to mount some wheels. That's like buying a couch that's way to big for my living room and knocking out a wall just to try to make it fit. It doesn't make sense.

Sent from BimmerApp mobile app

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
I agree, way too big for that car. Those wheel widths are meant for the extra flares arch of the m3. For proper fitment you will probably need an adjustable dampening coilovers and some major fender pulling and stretching. Maybe even wheel well modification to sit lower.

·
Registered
362 Posts
Sadly, this look is really popular around here. It is either giant trucks or goofy looking cars like this. :banghead:

OP, those wheels look kind of funny on the car the way it sets. It would take a lot of modification to get the car to sit back down and a lot of body work to make it look good. Not worth it in my opinion.

Not to mention that your brakes look awfully tiny with them.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Waaaaaaay toooo big for the car OP. They make it look ridiculous. I would either just pass on them or sell them if you already bought them. There are deals on wheels all the time and to be honest even a 19" wheel looks goofy on a non M. In my opinion the 17" and 18" are perfect for both looks and performance. Don't cut your car all up just to be able to mount some wheels. That's like buying a couch that's way to big for my living room and knocking out a wall just to try to make it fit. It doesn't make sense.

I can totally agree with 20 being to big but as far as 19 looking goofy on non m? e46 is e46? non or m.... very similar in looks to say that in my opinion?(please notice I said similar not same) you are entitled to your opinion though but think more than half of e46 fanatics will disagree. hey we should make this a thread survey?

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
I can totally agree with 20 being to big but as far as 19 looking goofy on non m? e46 is e46? non or m.... very similar in looks to say that in my opinion?(please notice I said similar not same) you are entitled to your opinion though but think more than half of e46 fanatics will disagree. hey we should make this a thread survey?
The reason people think they look odd on non m is purely from a stance perspective, and with the wider fenders on the m, you can tuck them much easier.

·
Registered
2,402 Posts

They are not the same setup at all. The M is wider, has a more aggressive stance, and is made to wear 19" wheels with proper clearance from the factory. There's a big difference between an M and a non M.

·
Registered
288 Posts
It's up to you. In the end it's your car. You are the one that's gonna look at it and drive it but in my sincere honest opinion. PLEASE!!! put back those Style 71 18inch rims I see laying on the floor there. PLEASE!!!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts