E46 Fanatics Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I keep on searching and I only find m3 bumpers for non M's and CSL bumpers; its a 02 M3.
I have a crack on mine and want a good quaility one. Would love to save some money but dont want a crappy one, So I can have a shop paint, (with hopfully money left over for a CSL trunk lid)

cheers:hi:

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Should be easy to find one on ebay.
been all over ebay, but again most are for Non-M's so it wont work with the flaired fenders. There is a real BMW bumper but price is plus $500, for that price might as well get a CSL (but that not what I want). Is there any sites that sell a OEM style M3 bumper for the M3 and not a normal 3 seires.

·
Registered
288 Posts
I'am in the same boat as you OP. I've been looking for a stock m3 bumper for my 02 M vert...i can't find any stock ones either for under $500. If you find one, let me know. I'll search around some more myself.

Sent from my PC36100 using Bimmer App

·
Vendor
10,577 Posts
How bad is the crack? Good chance a body shop could repair it if it's not too terrible. For M cars the best fitting bumpers are the genuine BMW ones, since the CSL isn't really your style why not add a touch of Euro Styling with a reflector-less bumper like the one found HERE or just keep the stock US spec look with the genuine BMW bumper found HERE.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Im looking for the same thing as the OP. 02 also, sadly last night i hit a damn trailer TIRE that happened to be in the middle of the freeway. Don't want to go through my insurance as my deductible is 500 and the bumper is also 500 :(

·
Registered
16 Posts
Literally in the same Boat for an 02 M3 vert.
I think i might snag the the OEM from the sponsor. An extra $140 for filled in reflectors(euro style) ? Is there any adjustment they can do for the price of it? i'd just re-use my painted reflectors if not.

·
Registered
4,096 Posts
My bumper was cracked, chipped and fvcked up. My body shop did a great job and even shaved the reflectors for me. Post a pic of the crack. I attached a pic of my bumper after it was fixed. I didn't take any from before. But I assure you it was thrashed. Ask your local shop if it's fixable and then get your trunk painted.

Attachments

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
thanks for the replies, looks like I'm going to go OEM, just going to a body shop to get some quotes for paint. I dont want a bad fitting bumper rather pay more for quality

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.