Votes: 12 40.0%
  • Slotted

Votes: 18 60.0%
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
11,337 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well, I need to get a new rotor for the front passanger side, so I'm just getting 4 new Brembo rotors instead. should I go with the drilled, or slotted rotors. here are a couple pics to help you guys choose.

DRILLED

SLOTTED

·
Registered
61 Posts
I say go slotted because I have heard of a lot of drilled rotors that have warped or cracked because they were not drilled right.

·
1.888.JLEVISW
29,545 Posts
Drilled are cool for looks...but Slotted are more performance oriented...I voted for slotted cause that's the kind of car I look for, performance...if ur more into looks...the x drilled are cool...not sayin they wont help performance either...just that slotted are EVEN better for perforamnce...

·
Registered
81 Posts
My drilled rotors warped after 5000 miles. Maybe Brembo will be better. I replaced with stock and have yet to have a problem.

·
name's PHIL
6,165 Posts
Luke WL. said:
if you get new (bigger) rotors, do you have to get new calipers?
yes, but he's going with BREMBO replacement rotors so they r gonna be the same size

·
A bimmer chick moderator :)
48,246 Posts
I have the Brembo cross drilled rotors I havent had any problems...look wise is :thumbup:

·
name's PHIL
6,165 Posts
as long as u buy them from a well reputated seller/dealer, and make sure they r drilled b y brembo itself, u r all good........its the ones that are drilled later that cause cracking and shiet

·
Registered
11,337 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
so far it's a tie

bluecougar.... got any pics??

by the way phil, I'll be buying these from tirerack, so no worries on the seller :thumbup:

·
Registered
1,241 Posts
the ? from BMWERKEN was the correct one, are these for show or Go?

If go, then slotted are the only way to go, they last longer and out preform drilled by magnitude.

if it for show, get the drilled, people seem to think that they are da bomb.

·
Registered
11,337 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
these are for show mostly

and yes, these are stock replacement rotors AKAsevo

·
Senior Eurowerkz Member
13,182 Posts
i say get slotted but

i would like to let you know i saw in high performance bmw. new issue a co. that is selling roters that are slotted but the roter is
a blue finish. never saw that before i mean to say that it will always stay that color (blue)....
i am at work right now and have the maz. at home to let very one know the name of this co. but i though i would pass this information along....
bobm3 :thumbup: :thumbup:

·
Registered
11,337 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
thanx bob, please let me know once u find out the companies name. I wanna check out their prices, and even though i most likely won't choose blue, maybe they might sell them in other colors, like black maybe

·
Registered
452 Posts

·
name's PHIL
6,165 Posts
rich...........did u try renn-sport..........they have awsome prices on those brembo's..........did a GB a few mths ago or so:thumbup:

1 - 20 of 34 Posts