BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey everyone, here's the scoop the other day I was out and about and my 330ci's front bumper found the hitch of a truck, break checked me on a 55mph road, anyways I'm wantin a little more insight and ideas on gettin a new bumper I'm thinkin an m3 replica bumper but I also like mtechs bumpers but haven't got a clue on which one or if there are any other suggestions on bumpers please help me out with some ideas. Your insight is much appreciated.

·
Registered
263 Posts
Sorry to hear about that incident. I just ordered an mtech II bumper last week, of courseit hasn't come in yet so I can't speak from experience, but imo it's an aggressive style with an oem look. Just my .02. Good luck.

·
Registered
29,086 Posts
MTech provides the perfect blend of aggressive styling with an oem feel.

You can also go with the m3 bumper (more aggressive) or some of the other options on the market....

but my suggestion would be mtech :hi:

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah I wanted my stock one, but look at where I'm at. I like ithe II as well but don't like crampin styles. I'm pretty sure some one has made a post bout bumpers. But I want to hear about those bumpers people have found dinkin round on the net. I already got cussed at for askin this same question on bimmerfest. Which is lame to me ya know
I

·
Registered
16,307 Posts
Well you should search and you will find a ton, but regardless I will help.

Get an OEM M-Tech II, it has the best fitment. An OEM M3 will NOT fit on a non-M because M's are wider. If you want an M3, get a REPLICA from Euro-Spec. I have a DDM M-Tech II replica and it fits decently, but I will eventually get an OEM for perfect fitment.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Word, well I have searched, and I know there has to be some I haven't seen. Ya knw? I saw the m3 replica on ddmtuning and like the prices on the replica. A qeuestion on that since we are talkin bout it would the lip kits fit on it like normal?

·
Registered
16,307 Posts
Yes lips will fit on the replica M3 bumpers.

Please spell check and use proper grammar. It's really hard to follow a post and it's annoying. :)

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Alrighty then, my bad on the grammar and puctuation. It's a little difficult to make it reader savy on a phone. But I'll do my best to make it easier to read. And thanks again I was hopin I could get a noob eliminator in here just didn't see how high up in rank I'd get. haha

·
Registered
16,307 Posts
Alrighty then, my bad on the grammar and puctuation. It's a little difficult to make it reader savy on phone. But I'll do my best to make it easier to read. And thanks again I was hopin I could get a noob eliminator in here just didn't see how high up in rank I'd get. haha
Oh I didn't realize you were on your phone, my bad. That is a total PITA, I used to do it on my iPhone.

·
Registered
33,399 Posts
there is also the bumper for the aerodynamics package (which is what i really, really want, but mtech is easier to obtain and slightly cheaper). its rarer than the m3 reps and the mtech bumpers. i dont have a pic for reference, but its on this forum somewhere. anyway, it may or may not float your boat, but it is an option.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Its all good. But I'm sure the iphone was easier to view and load pages. All I got is a blackberry which will get select jobs done.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Word, I've seen it and yeah it is sick but I don't have that much ballerism to pull it off. haha

·
Registered
16,307 Posts
M-Tech II is a great compromise, not too aggressive looking, but WAY better than any other of the stock bumpers. It sits lower too.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
It's lower!!! D***! I scrape with the stock bumper! So much for gettin a drop kit..

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Haha I know but you haven't been to utah... The local sport is cunstruction even when there was no reason for somethin to be built, they build it then 2 months later remove it.. And I feel like I need a hummer or toreg to go thru most of these cities.. If it looks like a hole or debri don't swerve or risk gettin hit or cited.. Just slow down and wait for it to eat your car alive. hahaha

·
Registered
605 Posts
Haha I know but you haven't been to utah... The local sport is cunstruction even when there was no reason for somethin to be built, they build it then 2 months later remove it.. And I feel like I need a hummer or toreg to go thru most of these cities.. If it looks like a hole or debri don't swerve or risk gettin hit or cited.. Just slow down and wait for it to eat your car alive. hahaha
Oh boy do I ever hear you! The worst part is that the construction doesn't seem to improve the road conditions after the matter. Ditches are pretty bad in UT, too.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts