BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,453 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,
Well unfortunately it's that time of the year when you least need something to go bad but it still does :(.

Basically my left rear Caliper is sticking and ****ed up my rear rotor but they need to be changed soon anways. But my real question is what should I get? I mean in terms of just replace what needs to be replaced or should I upgrade slightly. I'm not talking about a BBK or anything since I really don't want the extra expensive of buying bigger winter rims.

Ok enough beating around the bush. I was looking at the Stoptech II kit from Modbargains. I just want to know is it really worth the upgrade? If it helps I hope to track my car sometime but nothing serious.

Thanks for the input guys!!!

·
Registered
4,180 Posts
Ok enough beating around the bush. I was looking at the Stoptech II kit from Modbargains. I just want to know is it really worth the upgrade? If it helps I hope to track my car sometime but nothing serious.

:thumbsup: That kit is amazing you will love it!

·
Core Fanatic
1,159 Posts
He
Basically my left rear Caliper is sticking and ****ed up my rear rotor

Fix your caliper first. After that, the Stoptech kit is worth the extra ~$300 over getting OEM parts IMO. But you should know that the cross drilled rotors are more noisy and they eat pads faster.

·
Registered
657 Posts
axis deluxe pads and oem brembo rotors from oembimmerparts.com :thumbsup:
Wait a Minute.....

I didnt know the OEM rotors were made by BREMBO...????

from OEMBIMMERPARTS:

BREMBO stock brake rotors are original equipment on almost all BMW's. Sold each.

Is this true?

·
Registered
1,453 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Fix your caliper first. After that, the Stoptech kit is worth the extra ~$300 over getting OEM parts IMO. But you should know that the cross drilled rotors are more noisy and they eat pads faster.
My Caliper will be replaced when I get my brakes done. I wouldn't do the brakes first to find out I had to buy a another new rotor because I didn't so the Caliper first. Also I'm not going cross drilled but slotted.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts