BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys, I just wanted to ask you guys what you think the best chip is for a 2000 323Ci. I heard that dinan chips were the only ones that wouldn't void the warranty. But I also read that the Shark injector would allow me to put the stock settings back in if I chose to do so. All I have in my car is a CAI from authority. Would adding a chip make a great difference in performance? thanks..

·
Registered
1,732 Posts
IMO, the 2 best are Dinan & the Shark, I don't think anyone on here has the ESS. I would go for Dinan, only because the price is comparable to the Shark but w/ the added benefit of a comprehensive warranty backed by dealers.

·
...and I'd be all shiny..
1,831 Posts
Dinan is good because of warranty but if you want to go all out you can get the Dinan and the Shark. Get the Dinan first, then you cand use the shark to store it and swap back and forth betwen the two. It would be pricey but you would have the best of both worlds and alot more options :thumbup:

·
Registered
387 Posts
I've never thought of that option GhostRider, but I can see it as a definate possibility!! I think I am going to stick to the Dinan Software Upgrade on two accounts. One, it is backed by warrenty and that makes parents happy, and two my friend recently got his software upgrade done at a dealership a couple of days ago and has seen awesome results!!

However, I have not heard of the Shark injector being available for the 2003 325Ci. Can someone call me right or wrong on this subject??

·
Registered
1,732 Posts
I don't get why anyone would need both. It's not like the gains on either are dramatically better than the other. If you get Dinan, you don't have to worry about the dealer seeing your car is chipped, if you get the Shark, you don't have to worry either because it's easy to "swap-out". Don't waste $ on both, just get either one.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts