BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi ,

I want to remove my existing front license plate molding and replace it with just the plain trim piece.

Does anyone know how to remove the old and install the new strip.

Thanks!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Very very easy. Just use a flat head screw driver and insert in the seam on either side of the license plate molding. Be sure to pry it up against the molding and not the paint. It pops out pretty easy. Oh, make sure you unscrewed the lower screws if your dealer was nice enough to put them in. The new strip pops right into place. You might have to pull each side of the molding up and then once the new piece is in, pop them back in. They can be pulled toward the middle to make the seam smaller.

·
is baaaaaaaaaack...
1,128 Posts
or you can just pull on it gently. that works too. i have the plain trim piece and the euro trim for when i got my euro plate. i love the fact that i dont have the us plate in front. either plain or euro looks soooo much better.

·
Registered
62 Posts
:banghead: :banghead:

Does any one know the part number for the plain trim piece for a M-tech front bumper(like zhp's) on a facelifted sedan?? I've done many searches and have several numbers but some contradict others:dunno:

Thanks
Ricardo

sorry for hijacking thread:eeps:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts