BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,109 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Getting my axxis pads installed today and need to know the proper break in steps.

Thanks for the help.

:) :D

·
Registered
1,109 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks,

I thought I remembered reading that you had to ride the breaks for short periods of time or something like that????

·
St. Louis BMW Fanatic
7,162 Posts
Cybertek said:
Thanks,

I thought I remembered reading that you had to ride the breaks for short periods of time or something like that????

Yeah, I've heard a bunch of different break in methods but that's what I normally do and everything is fine up to this point. The main thing is to build up some heat in the pads and rotors.

·
...and I'd be all shiny..
1,835 Posts
What was the suggested anto-squeal compound that alot of people use to keep the noise factor out for those of us whose Axxis pads squeal?

·
St. Louis BMW Fanatic
7,162 Posts
GhostRider said:
What was the suggested anto-squeal compound that alot of people use to keep the noise factor out for those of us whose Axxis pads squeal?

I use the stuff made by NAPA...it's just a bottle of red paste...I think it's labeled "Disc Brake Quiet" or something like that. It's about $4.00 from Autozone...

·
Modelrater
747 Posts
vinnymac said:

I use the stuff made by NAPA...it's just a bottle of red paste...I think it's labeled "Disc Brake Quiet" or something like that. It's about $4.00 from Autozone...
yep. I believe that's the same thing i used.

quick tip:
apply the compound before you start taking the wheels off. you need enough time for the compound to set. i forgot how long. i believe an hour or so. good luck! :D

·
St. Louis BMW Fanatic
7,162 Posts
Conrad said:

quick tip:
apply the compound before you start taking the wheels off. you need enough time for the compound to set. i forgot how long. i believe an hour or so. good luck! :D

Good advice. That's what I do too. It takes 25-45 mins to set depending on the temperature and humidity.

·
Registered
1,109 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I found something called "Disc Brake Quiet" made by Permatex at Autozone.

Any one used this?

Is this what you were refering to vinnymac???

1 - 9 of 9 Posts