E46 Fanatics Forum banner

need help with the best exhaust

1K views 15 replies 8 participants last post by  TPRtunerZ26 
#1 ·
hey guys,

im planning on buying an exhaust system for my 02 330CI steptronic. im looking into a borla cat-back exhaust with a custom quad tip installation but any other brand suggestions will be greatly appreciated. also, i want the exhaust to add some decent HP and sound mean.

Another question.......does aftermarket exhausts give more torque?

#6 ·
thanks guys. from all of those suggestions, are those able to acquire a quad tip custom installation.

for having a quad exhaust setup, will it reduce airflow and what are the benefits of having this kind of setup besides it being an appearance factor.

for JLEVI: how much do u think it will be?

#8 ·
Yea man wait for the Highline catback. and yes you can do a quad set up with the highline..you can purchase another set of tips from them and just run pipes around to make the quad. im having my highline axelback muffler installed tomorrow. cant wait! but good luck with your exhaust search!!

#13 ·
In my opinion, I don't think that any exhaust is going to give you HP commensurate with it's cost; you might see an increase of 2-5 HP at redline. As I understand it, most of the E46's restriction lies within the integrated header/catalytic converter.

Purchase a new exhaust for appearance, sound, weight reduction and quality; not for added HP.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.