BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
P.I.M.P.
2,477 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Ok guys, Im not an expert in audio, but i already ordered my setup through research. I got JL stealthboxes, powered by a 300watt Xtant mono amp(150W @ 4ohms for the stealths), and am getting a alpine 9813 Headunit. Now, what i was thinking of doing is replacing the HK Sub amp, but leaving the main amp powering the speakers/tweaters/etc.

What i read is that the stock system uses differential outputs, not RCA, so you need line out converters and also that there could be compatibility issues with the HU. What I want to know is what do I need to make the Alpine headunit work with the stock system?Can I use the stock CD changer with the new HU?......what do I need to do to get the cleanest sound out of the amp/subs (since i need to use a Line-Out converter). Where exactly do I place the Line Out converter to convert the signal into RCA? Where can i get a really good Line Out converter?

Thanks in advance guys.

This is a modified diagram, originally done by VinnyMac(hope you don't mind).....I was wondering if this setup will work.

·
Im The Man
1,269 Posts
If you intercept the woofer signal after it has been processed it will be using the stock amp crossover slopes.

You can intercept the signal before hand using a Balanced differential LOC and then go to the amp. I have a balanced 2 channel loc if u need one.

·
P.I.M.P.
2,477 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks MCD007

*Wait, so if i change my HK headunit to the Alpine 9813, will I still need to LOC or can i wire directly to the new amp?

Also, can someone address my previous questions about HU compatibility/making it work with the stock system, and using the 6disc CD changer with the new HU?
Thanks

1 - 4 of 4 Posts