E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an 2001 330ci convertible and the back license plate lights stopped working...the error light are on which never happened and i know the bulbs work.I even bought a new trunk lid piece with new OEM bulbs instead of LEDS and still wont turn on...so even with the new piece it still doesnt work. Is there a fuse for this certain license plate lights cause i checked and couldnt find one. What could be the problem and the solution...there was minimal corrosion on the old piece and the new is just fine.

·
Registered
1,633 Posts
broken wire(s) in loom to trunk lid... bending back and forth with each opening over the years... it happens.

·
Registered
2016 340i xD 6-spd
26,768 Posts
...and I've written how to get to the broken wire in loom a number of time...best trick, though, is to yank wires apart, coz they'll all look fine...the break will be inside insulation where you can't see it.

Search for me, shrink tube solder...should bring a post up with instructions...there was also one photo diy somewhere I recall having seen.

Search youtube for vid on soldering wires...you'll be doing an inline splice...just fyi.

Doug

1 - 6 of 6 Posts