BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need some info from the ICE Gods.
I am installing a Delphi SkyFi XM Satellite Radio in my '01 330i with stock Business CD radio. I have no problem with the basics (antenna, power, etc.) but I need some info about the oem radio with cd. The SkyFi has a line out connection to casette adapter. My plan is to replace the cassette adapter with line out to rca plugs, then use either the BlitzSafe or Soudgate Interface with rca auxiliary inputs. I have two options, one, is run the line out from the SkyFi all the way back to the trunk, connect to the interface and then to the cd changer wiring (which runs all the way back to the radio). Option two would be to put the interface behind the radio and run the line out to the interface and then connect to the back of the radio (my prefered method). I need to know how the the stock cd changer wiring plugs into the back of the radio. I would like to buy or create an adapter that plugs into the back of the radio, basically eliminating the harness to the trunk. Can someone tell me what kind of plugs are used for the existing trunk harness at the back of the radio? Are they the same as the ones in the trunk or are they different? Is there one plug or two? I would like to have everything ready before I yank out the head unit.
Any help would be appreciated.

·
Registered
628 Posts
check out the Garage at www.my330i.com Look under the XM Radio install section

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thekubiaks said:
check out the Garage at www.my330i.com Look under the XM Radio install section
I appreciate the reply but it's installed and I went ahead and put the adapter in the trunk.

My install is different from the DIY at my330i. The SkyFi unit has everything in the display unit, there is no seperate receiver to go in the trunk.

Thanks anyway ....

1 - 5 of 5 Posts