E46 Fanatics Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If someone has done a diy on the intake cam sensor please post this for me or tell me where I can get it. I would like to do all work myself if possible. I appreciate any help.

·
Registered
6 Posts
j323i said:
If someone has done a diy on the intake cam sensor please post this for me or tell me where I can get it. I would like to do all work myself if possible. I appreciate any help.
you need to remove your oil filter cap, vanos oil line, crank case breather hose then you can get to the intake cam sensor. it is also recommended that you remove the intake filter box and some of the intake hose to get to the connector, which is a pain in the ass if you don't know where it is. it takes about 1-2 hrs if you have never done it before, and makes a mess. it is fairly involved and unless you have access to a nice set of tools, I don't recommend doing it yourself.
that is how I do it anyways, I am sure lots of people do it different. I must change about 3 a week so I have tried everything to save time, but the less you remove, the longer it takes, for me anyways

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.