BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
2003 330cic, 2003 325iT
3,936 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am running a harness for seat heating, following one of the fanatics DIYs. All of the wire is run, but I need to terminate it with pins that will fit the under seat connector and the long connector in the center console. There are three pin sizes I need (see picture below) - one pin, on narrow spade and the other a wide spade. Anyone know part numbers or a clue as to how to find? I have the crimper and would prefer uncrimped connections to leads.

Attachments

·
Registered
10,075 Posts
Go to www.realoem.com and enter the last 7 characters of the car’s VIN. Hit enter and bookmark the page. Scroll down to either seats or body electrical. You’ll find the part numbers. Then order them from the dealer. The dealer won’t have them but you should have them in 3 days. Lufthansa flies a 747 freighter full of BMW parts from Munich to JFK 365 days a year.

·
Registered
200 Posts
When I did this retrofit on my 330 e46 I used realoem and bought several different types of these connectors. You should be able to decipher which ones you will need. I have used the leftovers that I had on other projects as well.

·
Registered
E30M3 Race F10 535 R1150Rt M Coupe
1,214 Posts
Here's the rub... Finding just the right sized connector for both contact size and crimp end size is ambiguous at best, even for us pros.

Try These:

#7 here:

https://www.realoem.com/bmw/enUS/showparts?id=EV53-USA-03-2004-E46-BMW-330i&diagId=61_1220

https://www.realoem.com/bmw/enUS/showparts?id=EV53-USA-03-2004-E46-BMW-330i&diagId=61_2217

https://www.realoem.com/bmw/enUS/showparts?id=EV53-USA-03-2004-E46-BMW-330i&diagId=61_2292

Scroll further down to see the various connectors.

The suggestion of a junkyard and cutting wires is a decent one.
FWIW when looking up cold weather package stuff (heated seats, larger washer bottles, headlamp sprayers, heated equipment etc.) it's best to I.D. a fully loaded 330iX touring.

Many of those had myriad options for such as they were used for skiing transportation and had all of the cool features of wash/wipe systems, heated gear and through loading systems.

·
Premium Member
2003 330cic, 2003 325iT
3,936 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Go to www.realoem.com and enter the last 7 characters of the car’s VIN. Hit enter and bookmark the page. Scroll down to either seats or body electrical. You’ll find the part numbers. Then order them from the dealer. The dealer won’t have them but you should have them in 3 days. Lufthansa flies a 747 freighter full of BMW parts from Munich to JFK 365 days a year.
Real oem is not useful to me for this. I don’t know whether they are slo or otherwise, not how to figure out blade width.

·
Registered
2004 325i automagic
2,075 Posts
Check out the power seat retrofit threads for info and part numbers on the terminals. This thread is long, but post #1 (towards the end) and further down around post #50 looks like it may help:

https://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=348165

Fwiw, my impression is that all the BMW terminals are crimp style but don't know for sure.

·
Premium Member
2003 330cic, 2003 325iT
3,936 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)

·
Registered
2004 325i automagic
2,075 Posts

·
Premium Member
2003 330cic, 2003 325iT
3,936 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Here's an option, just go to any electronics supply and buy both sides of the connector and build your own.
That is definitely an idea, but doesn't really work:

1. Are there really electronics supply stores any more ;)
2. You are connecting to existing plugs which need the right connector, and BMW only sells the long brown one
3. I like clean. Not everybody does, but this information is for people who do.

When I want/need an answer, and can't find it, I try to figure it out and share it in case another me comes around.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts