BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone!

So, here is the problem. I bought aftermarket chinese stereo/navigation unit.
Win CE 6.0, BMW UI interface, 7" 800x480 screen, 256 Mb RAM.
Navigation is IGO (8 or Primo).
The problem is that the navigation can only work together with radio. When I plug iPhone or run music from SD card, the system can't work. Either navigation starts interrupting (when iPhone plugged) or music stops (when SD card is used).
Each mode (navi, iphone or sd-card) works perfect by itself. But not together.
Actually, it is the second Win CE unit with the same problem (I returned first and ordered from another seller because I thought that it could be the problem of the particular unit) so it is not that unit problem but system (or version) problem.

Anyone has Win CE unit? Did you have that kind of problem? Any ideas what's the problem and how to solve it? :help:

Thanks!

·
Registered
380 Posts
If you contact the supplier they may be helpful I got my map updates that way on an eBay purchase.

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
If you contact the supplier they may be helpful I got my map updates that way on an eBay purchase.
I contacted them but they only sent me another SD card with navi and after it did not help gave me the link to another "updated" maps. Result was the same...

I guess it is not about maps (but who knows) because maps by itself or with radio work fine

·
Registered
380 Posts
Mine crashes when maps and music are on I am going to try rooting it and then have a fiddle ,sorry I don't think I can help PS have a look at the weird world of rover 75 forum as they are nuts about these units and mod them

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Mine crashes when maps and music are on I am going to try rooting it and then have a fiddle ,sorry I don't think I can help PS have a look at the weird world of rover 75 forum as they are nuts about these units and mod them
You have Win CE too? What brand?

·
Registered
380 Posts
Seriously have a look at the rover 75 forum they use the same head units and go very deep into modding them

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Seriously have a look at the rover 75 forum they use the same head units and go very deep into modding them
Checked ALL 70+ pages in their music/navi forum, didn't find similar problem. 95% use Android devices and discuss them

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Return it and get an Eonon unit..?
Hah! No, man, no way! I thought the same and ordered Android unit (not Eonon but it doesn't matter). It was total crap. Maybe it's good to have Android in the tablet but definitely not as a car stereo. Not for me at least. My WinCE unit at least works like a finished car stereo product. Android is like a tablet put in the car.
I'm considering Dynavin but my has only that particular problem so I'm not sure if I want to pay more than double for Dynavin...

·
Banned
187 Posts
Hah! No, man, no way! I thought the same and ordered Android unit (not Eonon but it doesn't matter). It was total crap. Maybe it's good to have Android in the tablet but definitely not as a car stereo. Not for me at least. My WinCE unit at least works like a finished car stereo product. Android is like a tablet put in the car.
I'm considering Dynavin but my has only that particular problem so I'm not sure if I want to pay more than double for Dynavin...
I've been pretty happy with mine (you can pop over to the Eonon thread for my video on it). The physical unit is probably exactly the same with minor hardware changes. To each their own I suppose.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts