BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
SBBMotorwerks
557 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got my DDEs in the mail from Umnitza, will be installing on Saturday. I read his instructions and saw all the pics, but am still a bit unclear how to wire them as DRLs. I have a 2000 323Ci, and i dont know if i have DRLs or not.
Does anyone have a wiring diagram, or can anyone provide some insight to help me???

·
[]D[][]V[][]D[][]\[]
2,782 Posts
DRL wires are contant 12V.. gotta pop the ecu box and tap from there.. :)

·
SBBMotorwerks
557 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Umnitza, got your email...thanks. I saw in one of the pics, you circled a group of wires and said pick one....are all of these 12v power sources?

·
needs a new sig...
4,647 Posts
I did mine last week..when you remove the headlights youll be able to see the power wire for your fog lights quite easily..there is a yelow and brown wire coming from them..yellow is power..brown is ground.i powered the from the yelow fogs and grounded to the struttower..its working great for me!

·
Nymphomaniac
310 Posts
If you got the ecu picture from Matt, you should tap into the Green wire. That will give you a constant 12v when the key is at ignition 2. So take the positive wire from each light box (doesn't matter which one, no polarity on the light box) splice them together into one wire and tap into the green wire in the ecu box usually located on the drivers side in the engine bay.

·
SBBMotorwerks
557 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
tquach, thats exactly what i am looking for.....i assume there are tons of green wires in there, but hopefully Matt's pic will guide me in the right direction

·
Nymphomaniac
310 Posts
you should be able to find the correct green wire, there a groups of wires bunched together, I don't have the picture infront of me, but I belive they were right next to a blue relay. You will see it when you open it up and compare it with the picture.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts