BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,875 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys i have the alpine 7998... it is probably the most difficult headunit to tune.... but it is extremely precise... i had an alpine guy come and tune it, and me being as dumb as i am, thought that i liked high.... that combined with my focal utopias... provides crazy ear buzzing highs... so i want to tune down the highs a bit... anyone with the 7998 can help me out? thanks!

·
mod-er-at-or-er
1,275 Posts
Ya the tn51 tweets are hard to tune. Usually its probably peaky around 4k. Try tuning it down maybe 4db around there. An rta would be the easiest way to tune it. if u dont wanna use an rta, use the personal eq, make the width maybe around 2 and put it to -4db around there. He might have boosted it at 10k or so too, so you might wanna check that out and turn it down to zero. tn51's definitely do not need any boost up top.

·
Registered
2,875 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks for the help, but i literally have no clue how to tune the system with the 7998... this headunit is the most confusin headunit ever...i was hopin someone can give me a step by step, what buttons to press and what menus to get into.... btw the whoel system was designed to be tuned only at the headunit so thats where i have to make the fixes... thanks

·
mod-er-at-or-er
1,275 Posts
not sure how the menu works, check the manual. i think you are suppose to press the eq button, then press it again and hold it for 3 seconds. Then use band and the arrows to move across the eq bands. just read the manual, its not that hard to use. be glad you dont have an eclipse HU :D

1 - 5 of 5 Posts