E46 Fanatics Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
420 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently bought a 330i with Sport Package, but I still feel it has a lot of roll in it at sharp turns. I hate to say this but my '02 Audi 3.0 quattro had less roll in it. What can I do to improve it so the car would not lean too much at turns? Secondly, what's the difference between 'sway bar' and 'strut bar'?

Thanks guys for your help. :thumbup:

·
Registered
170 Posts
aliusa said:
I recently bought a 330i with Sport Package, but I still feel it has a lot of roll in it at sharp turns. I hate to say this but my '02 Audi 3.0 quattro had less roll in it. What can I do to improve it so the car would not lean too much at turns? Secondly, what's the difference between 'sway bar' and 'strut bar'?

Thanks guys for your help. :thumbup:
Sway bars will help your roll problem. So will progressive springs. Moreover, depending on what progressive springs you decide to go with you'll lower your car.

Strut bars add rigidity (and some like the look). Won't affect body roll.

·
Registered
6,580 Posts
dme330i said:
Sway bars will help your roll problem. So will progressive springs. Moreover, depending on what progressive springs you decide to go with you'll lower your car.

Strut bars add rigidity (and some like the look). Won't affect body roll.
I'd suggest first trying a set of springs, these generally would make the most difference in body roll, especially on a sport package car.

http://www.tirerack.com/a.jsp?a=BN4&url=/suspension/index.jsp

·
Registered
420 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.