BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am trying to get the rear springs on but there is a pad that goes on top and a pad on the bottom of the stock springs. Do I have to include this bottom pad with the spring or not? I can pop it in but it does not fit too good.
Thanks.

Attachments

·
Registered
144 Posts
You need those....

I have UUC springs also....
You HAVE TO put those in....Without them, you'll get all kinds of weird noises... Try to line it up and pop them in place...
Take your time...

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks...I got them on.

I took it for a spin around the block just now but the rear dose not look all that much lower. I did have the back end jacked up for a few hours while I did some Xmas shopping but don't think that would affect it. I'm guessing I don't have the springs seated properly.

Anyways...I'll still post some pics tomorrow when I have some daylight.

·
Still around...
1,788 Posts
Let them settle in.. Go find some bumpy roads.. Or go out in the street driving real slow foward, and nail the brakes.. do the same in reverse.. that will compress the suspension. Cars do look a little high after they come off the jack stands... go compress that suspension.

·
Registered
407 Posts
kt325ci said:
thanks...I got them on.

I took it for a spin around the block just now but the rear dose not look all that much lower. I did have the back end jacked up for a few hours while I did some Xmas shopping but don't think that would affect it. I'm guessing I don't have the springs seated properly.

hmmm, i got mine installed professional today, looks sweet. and its gonna settle in for a week which will drop it even more

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
here's a quick pic I took this morning at work. The ride doesn't seem any worse than stock at all. I am surprised. So far I am very happy with these springs.

Attachments

4,239 Posts
kt325ci said:
thanks...I got them on.

The car will definitely settle down. As posted above, when your car has been on a lift, the shocks and struts are hyper-extended and it can take a little while for them to resume normal height.

Drive around for awhile, if you compare "before" and "after" pics, you will see a big difference.

- Rob

·
Registered
272 Posts
kt325ci said:
here's a quick pic I took this morning at work. The ride doesn't seem any worse than stock at all. I am surprised. So far I am very happy with these springs.
Nice rims! :D :pimpin: :thumbup:

·
St. Louis BMW Fanatic
7,174 Posts
kt325ci said:

That looks really good! :thumbup:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts