BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Movin' Easy
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I badly want to get sirius (or maybe xm) on my 01 325. I checked the serial number and code number on my stock unit, to see if it was above 50, and it was 44.

I have the Alpine 634 CD/MP3 changer, with the soundgate adapter. No nav.

I don't think, without updating my headunit, that I can get Sirius to plug into my system and have the stock unit display the channel/title/artist. I am willing to have the aftermarket sirius/xm unit on my car.

My question is: How should I get the sirius/xm receiver hooked up to my car? I went to the good guys today, and they can hook up sirius via an fm modulator. I really want to get digital sound. Can I use an aftermarket control module, and hook it up to my current configuration without an fm modulator? I am obvioulsy confused about all these issues, TIA for your help.

·
Movin' Easy
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
And one other question, would I be able to have the sirius stuff display on my stock head unit if I transplanted a newer stock unit (i.e. one that has a serial number at 50 or higher?).

·
Movin' Easy
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
MPJ said:
And one other question, would I be able to have the sirius stuff display on my stock head unit if I transplanted a newer stock unit (i.e. one that has a serial number at 50 or higher?).
After much reasearch, I finally figured out the deal with direct wiring through my Alpine CD changer vs. fm modulation. My last question relates only to the stock deck. If I get a newer stock deck, as noted above, will the song/stream/artist display? I'm concerned there might be more than the deck which allows the disply to work. Please help! Thanks

·
Registered
31 Posts
MPJ said:
I badly want to get sirius (or maybe xm) on my 01 325. I checked the serial number and code number on my stock unit, to see if it was above 50, and it was 44.

I have the Alpine 634 CD/MP3 changer, with the soundgate adapter. No nav.

I don't think, without updating my headunit, that I can get Sirius to plug into my system and have the stock unit display the channel/title/artist. I am willing to have the aftermarket sirius/xm unit on my car.

My question is: How should I get the sirius/xm receiver hooked up to my car? I went to the good guys today, and they can hook up sirius via an fm modulator. I really want to get digital sound. Can I use an aftermarket control module, and hook it up to my current configuration without an fm modulator? I am obvioulsy confused about all these issues, TIA for your help.
XM and Sirius are different depends on what kind of music you like ot listen to ..... I have Sirius and I love it I love the FREE commercials and the fact that BMW supports this... Good luck

1 - 4 of 4 Posts