BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
941 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have searched and cant find anything about installing tweeters. How do you remove the tweeter grill that is on the a-pillar. Also, does anybody have a picture of the stock non hk tweeter that is in there?
Second question, what is the max depth for the 5 1/4 in the front door? I have seen many diff peoples posts on what fits, but none said what the depth is.

Thanks in advance.....

·
hammer talks like this
4,219 Posts
dan4081 said:
I have searched and cant find anything about installing tweeters. How do you remove the tweeter grill that is on the a-pillar. Also, does anybody have a picture of the stock non hk tweeter that is in there?
Second question, what is the max depth for the 5 1/4 in the front door? I have seen many diff peoples posts on what fits, but none said what the depth is.

Thanks in advance.....
depth should be 2.5 inches

·
Registered
409 Posts
definitely! bender, on another note, even if the tweeter fits in the tweeter space tomorrow, i'll be installing it in the 'mid' location b/c those are the stock wires that i used to connect to the tweeter on my mb coax. This shouldn't matter - the mb's are so bright, i could have those tweeters wrapped in a blanket, under the hood and i'd still hear the treble..

·
Registered
409 Posts
from what i remember, there's plenty of room for mids.. mike'll have NO problem housing the tweets in there, right..?

on another note, i just go a reply from him...he rocks..

·
yo mama
1,609 Posts
Hmm.. can we also see the tweeter location? How the hell do we wire this stuff with the stock wires? Doesnt te factory amp have like 10 channels or something? Or are the woofer & mid run in series? Or the woofer & tweet run in series?

·
Registered
409 Posts
you're hilarious, delirium. if only there were a me when i was wanting this info..

i guess the factory amp runs all sorts of channels, yeah, but the important thing to realize is that inthe harness, you have 3 main things:

*4 channels of wires coming from hu to amp (8 wires)
*ground, batt, remote
*10 sets of wires running back into the car, which are all of your spks.

SO, if you want to wire the tweets and mids and woofs a certain way, you just line the appropriate wires up from your amps to those wires in the harness and you're golden...

·
yo mama
1,609 Posts
Thanks Tex, yeah good thing you & bender & low are on the same bus as I am...

Hey im useful.. if you ever need a window regulator replacement DIY, im your man. (rear window).. I have pix, but I did it awhile ago but got too lazy to put it together. DIY will save you $300-$400.... and its easy... and the factory regulators are weak...

Someday, all of you will be begging for my window regulator DIY.. wait & see.. woohaaahaaahahaa...

·
yo mama
1,609 Posts
the window regulator is what the window motor is mounted on & it has cables attached to it in order to raise & lower your windows. There is a coupe of gears on it that are made of plastic & are weak. They will break & your window will sound like it broke.. & then your window will not go up anymore... and it will sound like broken glass.. (its just the loose cable)

So you have to buy the regulator $100 at the dealer & put it in yourself to save a few hundred bucks.... or drive with your window down all the time...

I guess it can also be called the window "carrier"... or window "rail"... i know some people have had this problem with their cars.

Oh yeah when it sounds like broken glass.. most likely the glass is not broken its just the cables slapping the glass..

·
yo mama
1,609 Posts
Tex323i said:
oh god, that sounds like a nightmare! if that ever happens to me....it's delirium to the rescue!
no problem.. but for now get your car to Bender!

its off to the beach. its a beautiful day.

By the way, do you think its weird to relying on a guy who calls himself Delirium to rescue you? heh heh heh;)

1 - 18 of 18 Posts